Friday, November 14, 2008

100th Post & Feathers :)

Well, I didn't really plan on posting today, but I wanted to tell everyone how proud and relieved I am with Brycen!

Remember awhile back when he first started pre-school and I was talking about their toucan birds and feathers?? I knew that Brycen would get quite a few of his feathers right away b/c he knew all those things?! Well, this has been a growing frustration at our house! For example, to get a blue feather you have to know 11 colors and 7 different shapes (i.e. squre, oval, octagon, circle...) anyway you get the drift. We have flash cards at home and would go through them when Brycen wanted to and he has known all these for I'd say a good 6 or 7 months. Well, he got his bird for spelling his name right off the bat and a red feather for knowing his birthday too. His teacher would ask him about his shapes and colors and he wouldn't say them! He would look at a square and deliberately say "circle", but then come home and do them all perfectly! I don't know why in the world he was doing this, but it was driving me INSANE b/c I knew he could do them! The same w/ counting to 12 and knowing his phone number. He'd count to like eleven, start laughing and then say 11...13 to his teacher! UGHH!! I didn't know what to do w/ him so I just let him go and gave up. I knew he knew them so I wasn't going to stress about it (but inside I was!). Well, yesterday I guess he finally gave up his stubborness and said all the right things! He got both feathers yesterday! :) I am so proud of him, although over the past 2 months or so I've been ready to throw my hands in the air with all this feather business, I guess he just wanted to do it in his own time.... who knows! Either way I am proud of him and had to call Ryan this morning and tell him when I seen them on B's bird! Oh yes, he didn't even tell me last night that he got them, I just happened to see them on there this morning! What a little turkey! Also, I think I mentioned that he has had absolutly NO interest what so ever in learning how to write his name... Well, I got a dry erase book w/ the letters that you can trace and then practice and he has been LOVING that book! I think b/c he can do it by himself and not have someone tell him do this do that... (um, he is so my son in that dept!). Anyway, he is doing so good w/ that, and it's fun to actually watch him ENJOY doing it!

Okay, enough bragging and talking about B, but I wanted to write this down so we can remember it in years to come :)

Oh yes, and it's my 100th POST! Go me :)

1 comment:

Jamie Truelove said...

I am sure that b is just a normal boy...I have one just like him, only mine refuses to potty...not sure which is worse!