Monday, March 21, 2011

Whiny Me.

I have so many pictures that I haven't even uploaded onto the computer... yikes. I'm so far behind I've pretty much fallen off the band wagon. Our internet is down at home and we don't even have time to worry about it and quite honestly- I kind of like it being gone. We'll fix it when we get moved just for the convenience, but right now it's not bothering me to have it gone at all.

So we were supposed to be moving this coming weekend, but then a lot of things went wrong this weekend while working at the house and our move in date is getting pushed back another week. I cried. Seriously, that's crazy and silly I know given some people have no houses to live in or even food to eat and here I cry b/c I have to push our move in date back another week... but I'm ready to have our normal lives back.

When you are building a house all yourselves it consumes you. We can't just pick up and decide to go out to eat or go to the movies or go do anything. I'm not even a person who likes to go places a lot, but when the option is taken from me I'm beginning to not like it at all! We are almost there though and I just want to be DONE! Even after we move in we'll have a ton to do with the outside (dirt piles still to move, a yard to plant, etc etc) and things to do in the basement (put up walls for the play room etc), but at least we'll be there. There won't be any hauling the boys stuff back and forth, me rushing around to get supper or eating McDonald's or lunch meat every night. We're all tired. We stay way to late every night trying to finish things up and we're tired... especially Ryan. I feel so bad for him, but there are times I have to go to the rental to give the boys a bath and get them in bed and I can't always be there to help and then I feel guilty about that! We were trying to get out by the end of March so we could save our rent/bill money to put towards more house stuff, but it looks like we'll be moving that first weekend of April now... the people we are renting from are so gracious that they aren't even making us pay- whew! I told Ryan if we were going to have to pay for another month only for 2 days I was moving in the new house- toilet or no toilet! haha!

So I can't believe this whole blog is pretty much about the house, but really that is what consumes our lives right now.

It stinks that I'm working this week when I was supposed to be off with B on his spring break- but my co-workers son decided last minute to come home from TX this week so I told her to go ahead and take off. Since my mom is off she can keep B. Today they took me to lunch and they are working in the yard- B loves to help :) Tomorrow they are going to do some fun stuff in Evansville and go see my brother and take him to lunch. I'm off on Wednesday and then Thursday he is going to Chuck E Cheese with a friend for his birthday so B is having a good spring break even with out me. This beautiful weather makes it hard for me to come back inside though after leaving for lunch.

I'm quite positive this post is whiny and I'm quite okay with that actually- it's how I feel. You can ask my husband :) I'm normally a very positive person, but sometimes (especially this long winter) I get down too. The weather over the weekend definitely brightened my mood though and I keep telling myself just two more weeks... I have a lot of packing at the rental house left to do anyway....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

boo on the delay getting into the house. :( Hope the week goes by fast so you are that much closer to moving in.

Unknown said...

When we remodeled i got delayed out, seriously i had move in fever, it is normal to just get sooooo done with it! best wishes on the progress

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I hope these next two weeks go by smoothly and quickly! I bet B will have a great break and you can just explain to him how nice you are and he will understand :-)
Take care!

Jessie said...

I'm sorry things aren't going your way right now....I def know how that feels. And I think we all need to vent occasionally :) I will say a prayer that things start looking up and you get lots of things checked off your to-do lists asap!

Jessie said...

And btw, I totally understand the run-down feeling u have right now--when u have tons of stuff going on it is hard to keep your head above water, let alone other stuff! Hang in there :)

Ashley said...

I can understand how you are just ready to move into your home!!! Don't blame you one bit! Especially when you have a date in mind and then last minute it changes:( But I know as this week passes it won't be as bad....then before you know it you will be moving!!!!

Hang in there girl!!! Hope things move pretty smooth this week for you all!

Abbie said...

Hey - I thought I was the whiny one here in blog land:) ha ha - it's good to know I'm not alone! It WILL get better, girl...and just think how wonderful it will be when you actually get to live in your new house! It won't be long! Congrats!

Rhonda said...

You deserve to vent a little!! I can only imagine how stressful these last few weeks have been. Just think...this time next year, all this will be a distant memory and you'll be all settled in a loving life :) Can't WAIT to see pics!!

Tera said...

((big hugs))