Friday, August 22, 2008

our poor doggie...and some deeper thoughts...

I feel like the worst mom ever!! This morning I was backing up and the dogs were in front of my car... they never offer to get in the way or run and chase cars, but somehow when I was backing up Aggie got BEHIND the car... I heard a lot "thump"... I about lost it... I seen her run off to her cage, on three legs :( I felt TERRIBLE. I got out to check on her and she seemed okay... just obvious that her leg was hurting... Brycen was so mad at me and kept yelling, "YOU SMASHED MY DOGGIE." I tried to show him that Aggie was okay, but he was so mad. I felt terrible... I was already in tears & I knew Brycen was worried about his dog. I was too! I called Ryan and he said if the dog ran off it was probably fine and for me to go on to work & just go home at noon and check on her. I have felt so bad all day! I've never run anything over, not even a rabbit or squirrel, let alone our own dog! I asked Ryan if I should call the vet, and he said NO! I think it's terrible, but he said that stuff happens, and if something is really wrong he'll be able to tell and he'll take care of it. I don't even want to think about what he means! When I went home at noon to check on her she seemed a little better, she was still limping, but not as badly. I just sat in the grass and held her and cried and told her I was sorry. I probably sound a little crazy now, but seriously I feel so bad inflicting pain on ANYTHING... Even our dog. I love that dog! Hopefully, she will be fine, especially for Brycen's sake. All of this brings me to, wow, if I feel that bad about ALMOST killing our dog, HOW did God bring himself to sacrifice His Son for US. I can't imagine the sorrow that he must of went through, it's hard to wrap that sort of love around my brain... it's hard to imagine that He loves us THAT much.
Brycen holding Aggie the day we brought her home, she was sooo tiny! She wasn't ready, but her mom weaned her at 4 wks b/c she had 8 pups and couldn't nurse them all... we went back and got her sister (izzie) 2 weeks later... you can see in the picture how much Brycen loves her!

I don't know if this post makes any sense and I possibly totally changed directions of where I was going with this post. I've known this Truth my whole life, that God sent his only son to die on the cross for me, a totally unworthy person, and we're trying our best to instill this into Brycen as well, at times I think he might get it, and other times I don't know if we're really doing all we can to show him just how much God loves him. Sometimes, I don't even know if I get just how much God loves me. I feel so lucky to be saved by His wonderful grace and I just want to share that with everyone. Sometimes I feel that I'm not being the best witness that I could be. God has blessed (or others might say cursed!) me with the love for talking to others, friends and strangers alike, I know He gave me this ability (like all the others he gives us all) for a reason, to use for HIS PURPOSE. I don't want to come off to people as a kook, or a pushy Christian, but I want others to SEE in my life, His love...


Okay, so I know I'm all over the place here, but those are some of my ramblings thoughts, kind of deep for a Friday!


Did I mention that I'm craving some cupcakes?? I think Brycen and I might make some chocolate cupcakes w/ chocolate frosting tonight :) YUM!
don't those look GOOD?!

No comments: