Monday, September 8, 2008

our weekend :)

Friday night we went to the camper. I was loving the fall weather so much I just wanted to put on jeans and a sweatshirt and be outside! We went to Montgomery to the camper and ate supper w/ Ryan's family. We rode around in the golf cart for awhile & then went to Dinky's, lol. I wish I would of had my camera along! Some of our friends from Ky. were up at Dinky's buying some animals so we thought we'd go visit since we were so close. Ryan grew up going to Dinky's b/c his uncle used to own it. His friends and cousins and him would play there every weekend when he was a lot younger! When we were dating we would go there some. I guess it's a very hick thing to do, but I love it! Anyway, I knew Brycen would get a kick out of the animals (i promise, that boy will probably be a farmer some day!). All he wants to do is live on a farm! While we were there watching the animal auctions Brycen was standing by the fence and the man brought the calves over and let them suck on Brycen's fingers! He thought that was just the coolest thing! I was worried we might be going home w/ a cow! haha! If it was up to B we would of for sure! We also got to see some family of Ryan's that we don't see too often, being that they are Amish. Ryan used to work w/ his cousin (2nd cousin) all through high school and it's always a treat to see him, and his four little ones now! Brycen fit right in w/ his cousins, not even noticing that they look a little different than he does (him w/ his cowboy boots on, as usual!). Brycen is so friendly, with everyone, sometimes this worries me, b/c I think he might just go off w/ anyone, he just loves people! He struck up a conversation w/ an oldddd Amish man (i promise, the guy had to be like 100!). It was the cutest thing, Brycen and him were just chatting away! Come to find out, he is Ryan's grandpa's first cousin :) small world. Afterward, Brycen got to go in w/ some pigs and some of the calves and he was just soo excited about it! I def. think we'll have to take him back, cheap entertainment :)
Saturday someone was supposed to come look at our house (which is for sale, any buyers??!!). The guy stopped by Friday when Ryan was outside and asked if he could come back on Saturday at 1pm. I rushed around Saturday morning getting everything ready and trying to get our camping stuff together too and then the guy didn't show up!! Ugh, that's so frustrating to me, he could of at least called! Anyway, we got our stuff done around the house that morning and Ryan mowed. We got Brycen down for a nap (he was so excited about camping, it was a little hard for him to get to sleep!). I made some Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (YUM!) to take to the camper and got the rest of our stuff packed. When Brycen got up from his nap we left right away. We got there and went up to Turkey Trot to let B watch the truck pulls. He LOVED it! He kept saying "This is SOOO cool!" I thought it might be a little loud for him and I kept asking him, but he said it wasn't! I think he was afraid we might make him leave! lol. After the pulls we went back to the camper & Sonya (my sister in law) and Marilyn (my mother in law) and I took the kids up to get a bracelet and ride rides. They rode until supper time (i was soo hungry!). Brycen also walked right up to a police officer and said, "hi, i like police officers!" lol, the officer got a kick out of that! I tell you, he just isn't shy (unless he wants to pretend to be!). We went back and had supper and then the kids were ready for more rides! We met up w/ Rich & Melissa & their boys and Brycen was excited to have Isaac to ride with! Rich & Ryan left us girls up there w/ the boys and went back to the camper. We let the boys ride some more and then they won their "fire guns" (i'll post a picture). My two dollars at the duck game was worth it! B played w/ that gun all weekend! I think he would of slept w/ it if I let him! After we rode rides we went back over to the Yoder's camper and visited! It was good to get to talk to some people we don't see too often! (abby)! We were there pretty late and then Brycen and I went back to the camper to get some sleep! Ryan stayed to hang out w/ Rich for awhile.
Yesterday morning Ryan got up early (like before daylight!) and went fishing out at his Grandma Knepp's pond w/ Rich. Brycen and I got later, like a couple hours later! He played w/ Jayce and Hailey at the camper and rode his bike. When Ryan & Rich got back we went over to the Yoder's camper and fixed a late breakfast (i can't say brunch, b/c ryan does not like that word for some reason!) haha. It was sooo good! After we were done cleaning up we went back over and got our stuff together to go home. We got home about 1pm. I was sooo tired! We all got showers and cleaned up and then took a nap! It felt sooo good! I got up and fixed stromboli's for an early supper (we were hungry w/ no lunch!). Then we just hung out in the evening. Ryan and I watched "Man of the Year". It was pretty cute.
Brycen was telling them a story (he gets so into it!)
Hailey Brooke & Brycen Hunter playing on the golf cart!
Brycen loved the bunnies and this nice lady let him pet one :)
Brycen & Isaac riding the motorcyles (see the "fire gun")
Isaac & Brycen riding on the swings
Isaac, Brycen, and Hailey playing (the boys matching "fire guns")
Brycen & Jayce keeping Mya entertained (he is going to be such a good big brother!)
Rich & Ryan fixing breakfast

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Brycen is just to cute. Love the pictures. My kids are the same way. Jesse's dad will say who wants to go to Dinky's and Austin and Hailee are right there. To funny!

Ali Gish said...

Cute pics Chelsa... I can't believe we didn't get to come home for turkey trot!! I never thought I would say this, but I actually kinda miss going!! haha... we haven't been for 3 years and for some reason it was really hard on me this year!! Glad to see everyone enjoyed it!