Thursday, March 5, 2009

Be Still... again :)

Last night Ryan and I started in a new small group. We are studying the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. It was our first night and I already love love love it. My heart was just so full of love when we left there. I love connecting with people and I really felt that last night. Too bad we can't just stay in a little cocoon like that all the time, right?

I'm not working right now... and after today I don't want to go back at all! There is so much drama going on there at work... and I don't know how I am getting involved when I am at home, trying to heal mentally and physically... I am a worry wart by nature so even though these aren't my own personal problems I worry about them. I am also a "fixer" by nature. I want to "fix" everything... and even though I KNOW I can't, it's hard to sit back and not worry or try to fix... this is why I wish I wouldn't even know about what is going on! Seriously! I have enough to deal with... I really like my job and what I do, but I have no room in my life for drama! I want to scream ,"HELLO PEOPLE THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!!". But that might be a little much. haha.

Anyway, it just put a damper on my day... here i was enjoying time at home with B, enjoying the sunshine and warmer weather and praying pretty much all day for people, for myself, about our future, just praising God too and now I just feel like crying! Okay, so enough of my own drama... I got on here to blog, because I just needed to vent. The verse-a-day spoke to me... as always...

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14 (NIV)

So there it is.... I come back to it.... "Be Still..." Yes, Lord, I hear you! I'm working on it! I need to quit thinking so much, quit worrying so much, and just listen... just hear God speak to me like only He can do. Thanks for the reminder God... obviously I'm a slow learner, I need lots of reminders! So today I'm thankful that we have a God who understands... he understands it all. No matter if what we're going through is big or small. No matter how trivial God knows what is on our hearts. I have a lot on my own heart, so thank you God for knowing, for caring, and for fighting for me. I'll try to be still. :)

10 comments:

SONDRA PRICE said...

Great blog, Chelsa!

I think we all need to learn how to just 'be still'.

you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Sounds like you are listening Chelsa! Sometimes the hardest thing is figuring out what God wants (not what we want) obviously the verse of the day is Yelling at you! ha :) Get well. Those ppl at work need to wake up and realize life is not worth wasting.

Lori said...

5 Love Languages was the best book our minister advised us to read during pre-marital counseling

Leah Robinson said...

You honestly should say something next time the peeps at work complain.....just tell them flat out things could be FAR worse!!I hate drama!!!

Trust me on the "be still" thing...I'm horrible! You are doing FAR better than I ever could be still in your shoes Chelsa!! you are an inspiration!

Tristan said...

I needed that verse today too. thanks.

Praying for you.

JessGraceIz said...

Chelsa,
I totally understand the work drama. And the "Be Still" part I think everyone is working on and probably continue too...It's when we realized that we need to "Be Still" that really lets us listen to God's word.

Love ya:0

Jess

Oh, the sun is starting peek it's head out of the coldness, are you ready to get our toes ready to enjoy the sun, too?

Jeremy, Kali, Crystal, Mason, & Clay said...

We are still thinking about you. I also need that verse of the day because I am having a hard time being patient w/my printer, computer, and a new print program and I'm about to throw it all out the window!!! But I'm going to sit and be still and hopefully things will work out...Don't worry about work either...just enjoy your days @ home w/your little boy ;-)

Abbie said...

Ok - so I'm all for you saying "O please, there are worse things!!" to all these people at work:) ha ha...I don't think I would have as much "control" over my words as you do:) I love ya, Chels, and I'm thinking of you everyday - enjoy a beautiful Friday with B tomorrow:)
-Abbie

Abbie said...

Ok - so I'm all for you saying "O please, there are worse things!!" to all these people at work:) ha ha...I don't think I would have as much "control" over my words as you do:) I love ya, Chels, and I'm thinking of you everyday - enjoy a beautiful Friday with B tomorrow:)
-Abbie

Mrs. Davidson said...

The Five Love Languages book is wonderful! John and I bought it and went through it together about a year ago, and I can't tell you how much sense it made out of some things! Enjoy this time of falling in love with your husband all over again...