I keep bringing up a new post to write and then nothing comes to my mind... I have a lot on my mind, but I guess the words just aren't there to share anything yet... unusual for me, maybe that's why it feels so weird!
Last Wednesday I was off and Brycen and I just stayed around home all during the day. I cleaned and did laundry and then we played and just hung out all day. Ryan got home and I fixed supper and then we had our Love Language group that night at Dave & Rhoda's. I cannot even tell you all how much I enjoy it! I look forward to it every week, definitely a highlight of my weeks right now. In Sunday School a couple weeks ago we talked about how there are just some people that you come across in life that make you just want to be better, they are just such a ray of light to be around. Rhoda is one of those people for me for sure. (i'm not saying that b/c i know she reads this either- i mean it with my whole heart!).
Thursday was an emotional day for us. We had to go pick out the gravestone for Andon. I have been putting that off. I think why I was putting it off was because, like I told Ryan, it feels like the last thing we really get to do for Andon. We don't get to buy him birthday presents or christmas presents or buy him a toy for learning to go potty or a new bike... no, buying a gravestone makes it pretty final. I love everything that we did on it. Instead of just putting "son of ryan and chelsa" we had them put "Beloved Son-Brother of Ryan, Chelsa, and Brycen". I couldn't leave B's name off. Like I've said numerous times before, he is heartbroken too. He has been a part of everything else and I didn't want to leave him out on this either. The guy did say if, no-make that when, we have another child we can add their name to the brother part. On the back we had them put ...Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. -Mark 10:14
After we did that we went to Ryan's parents and ate Stop-n-Sea for supper & then I had to go to a meeting at church for the new church directory committee. While I was at my meeting Ryan & Brycen got haircuts from Marilyn.
Friday after work my mom, Brycen, and I went to Washington to Wal-Mart & then to eat at Mason's (YUM!). We brought Ryan's food home to him. Friday evening we didn't do anything. Saturday morning we got up and did stuff around the house. That night we went to my cousin Todd's and his wife's Kayla's for supper and to visit. It was a fun evening and relaxing too. It's nice to be around people who just get you and understand everything. They've had 4 months more experience at this then we have. They are so supportive and loving and it's just nice to not feel so "alone" in this... I KNOW that many other people have lost babies, but it's different to actually sit and talk with these two people that I love so much and know that they just "get me" they understand and I don't feel so weird! Don't get me wrong, we totally appreciate everyone else's support too, but like MckMama calls it, we're now in "the club".... ya know, the club of mothers who have lost children.
Sunday we had to get to church early b/c I worked the sign up table for church directory photos. That seemed to go really well! Sunday was also a big day for us, as we became "official members" at Berea! It's so nice to feel so accepted. I'm so content with our church. I think God really did lead us to Berea back when we were searching for "our fit". We had to run by Wal-Mart after church & then we went home and watched a movie. Then B & I took a nap. We went to my parents for supper (taco soup, one of my favorites!). After supper we ended up at the ER with Ryan... All week he had a headache that just WOULD NOT go away and his BP was running high. Yah, ironic that mine goes back to normal and his goes up... High BP runs in the men in his family (dad & grandpa). That night his hand was tingling and his face was tingling and he felt nauseated. He wasn't too happy with me, but I didn't really feel like becoming a widow at age 23, so I made him go to the hospital to get checked out. His BP was 167/99 when we got there. His grandpa had strokes earlier on in life so I was just not taking any chances. They ran a few tests and everything came back looking normal. They gave him something for his pounding head & told him to keep a log of his BP for a week and if he continues to have problems then to see his family dr. So far this week it has been doing better. PTL. His cousin Darla was working in the ER when we went so it was nice to see a familiar face! And both of the guys that ran tests on him were BR graduates. It is a small world!
Yesterday after work Ryan changed the oil in the lawn mower and sharpened the blades, getting ready for spring (although he did already mow once last week!). I fixed supper and B played outside on the porch. Yesterday was B's first day back at daycare. He said he had a lot of fun and they said he did great. I'm glad about that, because I was worried after being out for so long it'd be hard on him to go back. He can write all his uppercase letters and I hadn't really worked on the lower case ones with him. Yesterday they worked on those and his teacher was bragging on him about how good he did on his lowercase y's and r's (sorry, proud mommy moment!). This is the same child that wanted NOTHING to do w/ writing his name awhile back. Just goes with my theory of kids do things in their own time, when they're ready. Our evening last night was relaxing... supper, laundry, bubble bath for mommy, and then B's bath, then I actually got to read some! Brycen has always liked being read to. He got a new Children's Bible and we've started reading out of it every night at bedtime (all three of us lay in B's bed and read). I love this sweet time with our precious little boy. I love how he just soaks it all up!
Well, this post is wordy and again without pictures because the dumb blogger STILL won't let me upload pictures... go figure!
13 comments:
Well, its good to hear your running around and getting back to "normal" pace! Can't wait to see some more updated pics. I get to peak at yours on myspace any way so Im ahead of the time!
I remember when a dear friend of mine had to go pick out the gravestone for her little boy (she had twins and one passed shortly after birth). I remember how very, very important it was to her and how they wanted to get it just right. I never thought of it as the last thing you get to do for Andon but that makes sense in my head (and breaks my heart). I'm so glad you got it "just right" - I love that Brycen's name is included because I just know how heartbroken he is. You and Ryan are doing an amazing job guiding him through these rocky times! Speaking of Ryan, I hope his BP behaves from now on (and good for you for making him go! Men are SO stubborn about drs, yes?).
Love ya!
Welcome to Berea. So glad we are able to share life greatest joys and sadest times in the same House of God!
you are just so sweet! we still think of you 3 often...
Oh Chelsa...I love hearing your updates! You have such a kind heart....filled with love! I'm so glad you've found a church home @ Berea, my sister & her husband were going there for a little while....she has just been busy with work now on Sunday's, but she loves it there :)
Dear chelsa,
I am so glad you guys became members at Berea. Their are so many wonderful people there. I totaly agree with you about Rhoda. She and her sister Jan hold very special places in my heart. You know that you won't be judged by them. I also totaly understand how you are feeling about the gravestone. I cried for days when we went and picked out Bryce's. We used the same saying on his only ours was Matthew 19:14. it is worded similar. Just try to keep remembering those late nights you got to talk with him.. /That always brings a smile to my face
Love Ya girl
I agree about Rhoda too...she is such a sweetheart! I understand how it would be nice to sit and talk with Todd and his wife. It's true, it's difficult for the rest of us to totally understand what you are going through. ((big hugs))
I am glad you found a church! Sometimes it takes a while.... when Jarod and I were looking we wanted to make sure it was the one we felt most comfortable in. We love Providence but Berea is a great church also. Hope you have a good week and keep your head high girl! I know it is still hard right now for you and probably will be for a while but you have so much love around you and God is at your side.
Just wanted to tell you I'm thinking and praying for you.
Amy Hoover
Chelsa~
I just started my own blog because I have loved reading yours to keep up with you. We have not stayed in touch as much lately, but I do still think about you so often! You are truly such a genuine, sweet person who I am very blessed to have as a friend! I think Andon's gravestone sounds perfect the way you had it made. Brycen is such a lucky little boy to have the caring mommy he does. I will pray that Ryan's BP stays normal. I hope that work is going well for you. I look forward to keeping up to date with you now and reading all kinds of silly stories about Brycen :) Those always brighten up my day!
ps-- can't wait to see more pics either. you can never have too many! I try to check them out on your myspace/facebook as often as I can though :)
Rhoda is a blessing to everyone she meets! I'm so glad she is in your life and Berea as well! We have lots of family via the Grabers that go there and I know there are lots of sincere caring Christians there so I'm glad you found your church family with them and I know your family will be an added blessing to them as well! Praying for you always...I'm sure that was a hard day choosing Andon's gravestone but it sounds perfect.
Hey girl, just wanted to let you know that I still think of you and pray for you... I know what you mean about being in the "club". I have a good friend out here who lost a baby about 3 weeks before I did... She was such a huge help for me in my time of loss. IT's nice to have those people in our lives! Hang in there -(i know it's hard, i have to tell myself that all the time)!!
Post a Comment