Friday, June 12, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday--Bathrooms

Well, I missed last week's tour of office's b/c I was gone on vacation... and anyway we don't really have an "office". I do most of our "office" work sitting on the couch or the floor in the family room. lol. I sit at a desk all day at work, so when I get home the last thing I want to do is sit at a desk to pay bills or whatever else you do in an "office". So this week we are onto bathrooms at the hometour that Kelly is hosting each week. If you haven't checked it out yet I would suggest you do so. There are still a few weeks left and it is really fun to see other's people rooms! I will mention beforehand that I dislike all of our bathrooms. We have 2 1/2, but I'm just showing the 2 bathrooms today b/c our 1/2 bathroom is in our laundry room (which is next week). I think that's a weird place for a bathroom, but I didn't build the house so whatever! Our bathrooms are tiny, which irritates me! We have updated both of them, b/c one was completely green and the other completely blue. The blue lagoon aka-the one in our master bedroom still isn't all the way finished... and yes, sweet hubby did start this project back in October... all he has to do is finish sealing the sink now that just somehow always gets pushed to the back of the to do list. Our new house plans (ryan did go ahead and draw them up just in case the boy is able to buy our house in the fall) has much larger bathrooms and I know I will be so glad about that!

This is the hall bath. It was the green one. Oh yah, and the bathrooms had carpet... ew. Little boys and carpet in bathrooms DO NOT mix! Uppercase Living does not mix with painted tile either... well it would if you didn't try to take it off and reposition it... oops :( The paint needs touched up above the toliet now. Ryan surprised me while I was going to AZ in January of '08 and had this bathroom redone when I came home! Awww :)

This wreath hangs above the toliet... it came from Olde Country Barn. I got it with a gift certificate that I got from judging some cheer tryouts :)


My mom got a basket and did this in her bathroom when I was still living at home and I always loved it... so I stole the idea once we got married. This basket actually came inside another one as a "bonus" it they fit perfect! It looks kind of silly b/c I just put a new box in and it is overflowing, but we are snotty people at our house and kleenex goes fast. haha :)

This picture came from... where else, but The Olde Country Barn! lol. I kept looking at it, but wasn't gone to spend 30.00 on it! Finally one day I was in there looking and it was on the clearance table! Awesome! I got it for 8.00!

I got this shower curtain on sale for 5.00... it was the complete set w/ the soap holder and toothbrush holder. I love deals if you can't tell. I'm really over this bathroom and have been wanting to redecorate, but like I said we are trying to not spend money on this house since we don't know if we will be staying... so I'll wait and see.

Sorry for the glare and I don't know why my mirror looks dirty b/c it's not, but anyway. Ryan made the medicine cabinet and we got new light globes. We really like these and you'll see them again in our master bath (if you can even call it that).
Cabinet that Ryan redid as well. He's handy :)

This is looking into our tiny masterbath. The shower is BLUE, the whole bathroom used to be blue (cabinet, sink, toliet, etc) it was TERRIBLE. I covered up the blue shower with the shower curtain.
Uppercase Living above the toliet. I want to get another wreath or a picture or something to go underneath here, but I haven't really looked or found anything I want yet.
Our new WHITE toliet. lol. We also have a new toliet paper holder, but it's still in the box- go figure haha. That door beside the toliet is a linen closet.
medicine cabinet Ryan made and the same light globes you saw in the other bathroom... excuse me in the mirror.

Ryan hasn't sealed the sink that's why the drain isn't in there... we can't use it yet... He said he will get it done this weekend... he is SUCH a procrastinator :) I'm not sayin gthat to be mean, he has done lots of other things for me. I def. tease him about this though! Brycen's little foam animals on the sink?

and the vanity. They are the same b/c he just re did these... this used to be BLUE w/ carpet up the side and no i'm not lying haha. The knobs aren't on the doors yet either.

Well, thanks for visiting our humble little bathrooms... they are small, but get the job done ;)

7 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Your husband has done a great job updating!!! I love the cabinets!

Shannon said...

Love the blue lagoon redo!! Lol Looks great!!

Brandi said...

The cabinets are great! I had a house before that had carpet in the bathrooms - yuck! What were they thinkng? I like the lettering on the wall - - and you've given me an idea. . . maybe if I get a sign that says "flush" the boys will remember to do it!!!

Heather said...

I love your bathroom! you have done a great job! i love the decal stickers, so cute!! Love the colors!

Guatmama said...

Boy he is handy, love the cabinets and don't worry we all have those "unfinished hubby projects"!

Lynn said...

Your bathrooms are very pretty. I will be excited to see them finished.

Shannon said...

Soap? Really for charlie horses? I have never heard of that. Lol