I really don't have a whole lot to update on. Last Friday night I ran to Wal-Mart and then when I got home Ryan painted the laundry room for me :) That made me happy! We still have a few things to do in there (like new shelves), but i really love the color... lol, the funny thing is we let Brycen choose it and we thought it was hideous, but we weren't going back on our offer to let him choose so now we both (ryan and i) really like it! I'll take pictures when Ryan gets the shelves and all that done. It looks really unfinished right now.
Saturday on the 4th we didn't do much. Ryan went into work for awhile that morning. We got a new dining room table. I LOVE IT. Well, it is new to us. Some guy that they were doing cabinets for just asked Ryan if he wanted it! Awesome! We had been wanting a new table, but never wanted to spend the money for one since ours worked fine. Ryan sanded it down and refinished it and stained it and it goes GREAT in our dining room. It's a pretty new table (maybe like 5 years old?) and it looks brand new now that Ryan is done with it! After he got home we just hung out all afternoon. Our friends Clint and Vanessa and their little boy Tyler came over about 6pm. We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and I made corn on the cob and cheesy potatos and then Vanessa brought a cake. It was all really good and we were all really stuffed! Since it rained all day and all evening here we just hung out at home. The fireworks at Otwell were cancelled b/c it was still raining here. The boys (tyler and brycen) played really well all evening and us adults just hung out chatting.
Sunday I did not feel good all day :( we didn't do anything all day. We did end up going to the demo that night b/c we had promised B we would take him. It was fun to watch him get excited about it (i really really love demos!). His favorite car got third place overall (but if you ask him, it won!) lol. Brycen got to ride a ride quick and then we came home and watched the fireworks from our front porch. We live about 4 miles away, but we could see them from our house.
Monday I was off work again b/c my Grandma had knee replacement done and my mom took her to have the surgery done so I just stayed home with B. We just hung out all day and played outside. It was a relaxing day. When Ryan got home I did go into work for a few hours to get some stuff done that I really needed to do. He had work to do outside so brycen loved that b/c he loves "helping". :) He really is getting to the age where he can be of help with some stuff, he just doesn't like to be told he is still too little to do some other stuff!
Yesterday I worked. It was weird being back after being off since Thursday. I had a desk full of stuff that I still don't want to think about b/c it is quite overwhelming. Since last Thurs. i have acquired FIVE new cases :( BOOOO!! That's a lot of work all at once. Last night B and I went with my parents to see my grandma in the hospital. She seems to be doing pretty good. She won't get out of the hospital until Thursday and then she goes to rehab for two weeks I think. We went to Wings and Rings to eat beforehand. I really like their food there. I felt so sorry for our waiter b/c he spilled our drinks all over himself. He felt dumb I could tell b/c he kept saying stuff about it... lol seriously, I could never be a waitress b/c I would drop the drinks everytime I would say! haha.
I should of gone to work today since I was off on Monday and I have so much to do, but I didn't feel like it. I stayed home and just layed around really. Felt terrible all day again. I am dreading tomorrow b/c so much work is awaiting me. Hopefully, it will be a productive day. Tomorrow evening we don't have plans, but our weekend is pretty booked. Friday night we have a couple's wedding shower, Saturday ryan's family is having some sort of get together and Sunday I have a bridal shower after church for a sweet friend!
Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed with "stuff to do" these days? I'm mean besides our normal to-do list like cooking, cleaning, caring for our families and working.... I mean the showers, the parties, the family get togethers...??? Is it just me? I feel like a whiner! I'm a homebody by nature. I always have been, even when i was young i would rather have people over to my own house to stay the night then to go to a friends house. I guess I'm just more secure at home. I really am no good at telling people no. And it seems that people get mad if you do say no. But I feel like all we do is run these days and I really do enjoy just being home with my boys more than anything. Advice? Or am I just being a whiner?! We have said we were going to cut down and only do something one weekend night... like do something on friday if we get invited but stay home on Saturday or vice versa, but that just seems to make people mad or hurt their feelings... I don't know what to do!
My anxiety... have to say is better than it was, but I am def. still battling it and dealing with it. It's such a struggle and it makes me grouchy. When i get nervous I get grouchy and feel really cut off from family b/c all I do is snap at people. i don't mean to. I really do try to overcome it, but it is hard. I'm not good at expressing my feelings to people and that makes it even harder. It is hard for me to admit that I am having trouble or feeling a certain way (okay, not so hard to admit on a computer screen, but I mean person to person). It all just seems like a lot to deal with.
Summer is just flying by. I can't believe it is already almost the middle of July!
12 comments:
Hey girl,
Looks like you have been busy as usual! Can't wait to see pics of your laundry room & new table!
you're not a whiner. we are who we are... and why change that? you have lots of people who love you for you... if you want to stay home or not. try to take some time for yourself! let me know if you ever want to get together to walk or lunch :)
I agree with Courtney, you are not a whiner and yes I think we all feel overwhelmed at some point.
Living with anxiety doesn't help either, you will get through it. You have a wonderful support system surrounding you.
I have the same problem of not being able to say no.. I commit myself to anything and everything when people ask, but when it's time I think maybe i have commited to TOOOO many things... gonna have to start standing up and admitting i'm not capable of doing EVERYTHING~!!!
You are NOT the only one feeling overwhelmed! Between doctor's visits, working on Delilah's room, and the last of our baby showers on Saturday, I feel like that's all I do! haha .. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Delilah and I have really enjoyed working on her room and etc, but my goodness..I need a day of rest! haha
OK here it is...IT IS OK TO SAY NO followed by thank you! hee hee..then you are not a mean person! Don't take on the burden of others feelings...the only ones you are responsible for is Ryan, Brycen, and yourself. If people are your true friends they will KNOW you need a break from it all and will know where your heart is. My goodness if anyone deserves to sit back and put their feet up and be a homebody it definitely is you!!
Oh by the way when I was in college way back when I was a waitress and spilled a whole tray of glasses of water on myself and a bunch of BIG time policitians from Indianapolis! Um definitely not one of my greatest moments to remember..
A true friend will never get mad if you say NO...so don't worry! I was really bad with saying no with my photography....I've recently started turning people down b/c I just can't take that many sessions....I know they understand :)
Chels...I totally understand about the anxiety...I've had a component of depression with mine as well...you really feel helpless...b/c you totally have to depend on your own mind to dig out of the rut you're in...unless you've felt these things yourself, you would never truly understand...
Chelsa you do seem to be busy and I can totally understand that you would like to stay home sometimes. I feel that way too and it seems so hard to say no to people. But we just have to sometimes. I think people should understand and especially if they are your good friends. Everyone needs family and "me" time too!
Oh yeah, last week was CRAZY for me! Hubby was out of town, I had planned to a bridal shower Thursday, a baby shower Friday, a Wedding on Saturday, and an appreciation service on Sunday! But, I couldn't do it all and had to cut some stuff out.
I felt kind of bad, but then again I was glad I didn't overwhelm myself. Learning to have these kinds of boundaries in challenging for us all!
Chels,
It is scary sometimes when I read your posts, cause we are SOOOOOO much alike!! I am such a homebody - and when I was in school I always wanted people to just come over, not stay over at there house. I feel like everyone around me runs, runs, and runs, and they probably think i'm BORING...but I don't mind:)
I have just recently gotten much better at saying "No" but it is really difficult for me too! I just keep telling myself that God wouldn't want me to run myself ragged, but to spend quality time with my little man:) Love ya, babe - and we could seriously be sisters:)!!
You definitely need to rest and take time for yourself! Don't feel guilty at all. I can't wait to see the laundry room color...for some reason, I'm thinking it's camo-green. :)
Post a Comment