Wednesday, January 6, 2010

32 Week Appt.

Well, Monday wasn't nearly as bad going back to work/school for me and B as I thought it would be. He didn't have any tears just a few extra hugs for momma! I was really busy on Monday after being off for so many days in a row! It was nice though b/c I got everything done I needed to and it made my day go so much faster! I was def. worn out on Monday evening though.


Yesterday I worked all day and then Ryan and B picked me up at work and we headed to Evansville for my 32 week check up. I had gained THREE LBS in five days.... yikes! She wasn't concerned about the rapid weight gain though since I have NO swelling. We will keep an eye on it, since it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, but usually the rapid weight gain that comes w/ pre-eclampsia is due to a lot of swelling (aka- water weight).... nope, mine is just regular weight. lol. I really did keep saying the past few days that I felt like my stomach was A LOT bigger... so hopefully he just grew A LOT? lol. Oh well, as long as he is healthy it will be worth it. It puts me at a total of 19 lbs so far... over what I gained with B at 38 weeks... I think I weigh the exact same now that I did when I had A.... so I'm going to get up to an all time high. Anyway, my BP was 100/70. Mr. C decided to get all crazy and not hold still for the doppler. We could hear his heart rate but he was jumping around so much she couldn't get a good base so she wanted to put him on the monitor for awhile (which was just fine with me!). His heart rate baseline finally ended up being in the 150's after he calmed down! Maybe it was those chocolate covered raisins I ate... haha! I did have a few contractions while on the monitor, but nothing consistent, so nothing to worry about at this point. Overall, great appt. I go back next Tuesday unless I need her for something before then. At this point it is crazy for me to think we have around 6 weeks or less! I am soooo ready! I hope the weeks FLY by-- I have waited a long time to meet this precious baby!


After my appointment we went to Red Robin for supper and then headed home. I was worn out and took a bath and went to bed after! I slept much better last night which I was grateful for b/c the two previous nights I hadn't slept well. Today B and I are staying home in our sweats and just hanging out all day. Ryan is doing our walmart shopping after he gets off work (the thought still makes me laugh!). I'm not a fan of cold weather, but I really wouldn't mind getting snowed in the rest of the week! I told them at work if it is snowy and nasty out I won't be there ... no need of getting B out .... or this very pregnant gal going into labor or falling or something!


We have some fun stuff planned for the weekend for B that we are all looking forward to :) No pictures this time. I've just been enjoying hanging out w/ my sweet little family!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

so glad everything is still good with C ! Cant wait to meet him

Tera said...

Wow...only 6 more weeks!! Yeah!! Can't wait to meet little Corbin!

noahandlylasmommi said...

glad your appt went well.

Jessie said...

Only 6 more weeks! That's crazy! Btw, it's still AMAZING that you've gained such a small amount of weight thus far. I'm jealous!:)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Congrats on a good appt! Keep it all up:)

Anonymous said...

Glad Corbin is looking good and you are healthy! 6 weeks will fly by!

Boothbloggers said...

Hi Chelsa-we don't know each other, but we know alot of the same people(i went to ND and my brother is a youth minister in Washington-Dennis MCDannald-maybe you know him?:) and I found you last year through Jen ARmes' blog after Andon went to Heaven. I just wanted you to know that I am excited for you and pray for you often. I can't wait to see pictures of Mr. Corbin when he gets here! Especially b/c I have a 6 month old named Corbin! You guys have great taste!! :)