Thursday, May 6, 2010

Park :)









Last Friday we headed to the park to run off some energy. We had to go in town to the bank and post office anyway so we got lunch and went and ate at the park and B played. It was super windy, but we made the most of it. I knew it was supposed to rain all weekend so I wanted to let him play all he could! I am so disappointed in the park.... not in the toys, but how the grounds are kept these days. Seriously, the grass has been so tall the past two times we have been there that it's hard to walk through- let alone push the stroller through! Plus, it gives you itchy legs! My bff Vanessa's dad used to take care of the park and it was NEVER unkept or had tall grass when he did it, so I know it's possible to keep it all mowed! It's frustrating b/c I love the park and the toys and the lake, but who wants to have itchy legs?! lol. Yesterday B wanted to go to the park again, but I didn't want to deal with that and I really didn't want to go all the way into Petersburg, so we headed to Otwell to get a paper (pike co. paper is only once a week) and go to the lil' post office. They have a smaller plaground by the volunteer firehouse so we went over and played there. I think B had even more fun at the little playground! It was much more relaxing for me too! I didn't take any pictures since it was a spur of the moment trip.
I love living in a small town- while we were there the UPS guy was at a building beside the little playground and I saw him coming over towards us and we were the only ones around, he had a package for me! I found it amusing that the UPS guy knew us by our vehicle and what we looked like! He was grateful b/c it saved him a trip out to our house. B thought it was neat too b/c the UPS guy said he recognized him first! lol. (the package was new bedding for our new house I had ordered). I know it's really soon for the bedding, but I had seen this bedding in a catelog (country door) a couple months ago and was thinking of redoing our bedroom (but ryan really didn't want anymore projects and he doesn't like for me to paint- he says I'm messy!). Sooo I held off. I've been thinking of how we are going to decorate the new house and I kept thinking about this bedding. I had looked for others I liked, but I kept coming back to that one... so I ordered it! It will have to go to storage, but at least I have it and know I like it! It's not something that I would typically deem "me", but I guess it's good to change things up every once in awhile!

3 comments:

Leah Robinson said...

Looks like so much fun!

Funny story about the UPS guy!! Ours delivers my personal stuff to my work sometimes cuz I guess I order a lot, haha!!

Jessie said...

Awe glad you're enjoying that precious time with your boys! Little Corbin is too cute...he has perfect little features!

Rhonda said...

I miss lots about living in a small town! It's so great when everything is only 5 minutes away...vs. 30! Funny UPS story! Would NEVER happen here!