Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School

These kisses from my "baby" aren't nearly as common anymore :(
He thinks he is getting too old to kiss his momma!
I sure do love it when I am given some though!
I was off on vacation all last week (for Brycen's last week at home before Kindergarten).
We spent every a.m. in our pj's cuddled up on the couch together.
These two cuddle ALL the time- I LOVE IT!
Corbin can be restless and grouchy and if B cuddles him on the couch he is a happy little guy right away.
I wanted to do some fun things with Brycen last week, but we were so busy with moving we didn't get to do as much as I wanted. We did go to the Splash Park on Monday night and to play at the regular park on Wednesday (but I don't have pictures of that, I was trying not to sweat to death!).

His smile makes my day.

This picture is sooo Brycen.

Going for the remote!


I have no idea why this picture is small, but it's his first time in big boy pj's (size 12 mo.).
I can't believe he is getting SO big...
It's sad, but it's also fun b/c his personality is really showing.

Wednesday night we had "Meet the Teacher Night" for Kindergarten.
He is such a ladies man!
Payton, Haylie, Delaney, Elizabeth, and Brycen
(He went to daycare and preschool (the first year) with these girls from the time they were all babies).

Sitting at his desk for the very first time and "meet the teacher" night

Corbin is starting to sit up for longer periods of time and "play" with B.
B LOVES it!
Friday was Brycen's first day of school. I always love the "back to school feeling", BUT when it means my baby is starting Elementary School, I was not ready for it.
Before school... I just can't believe he is this old.

Showing off his new lunch box.
They were having cheeseburgers, which he likes, but he NEEDED to use his new lunch box ;) haha!
He melts my heart.

Brycen with two of his friends before school.
Nolan, Joey, and B.

These two might be trouble being in the same class!
Best friends.
Brycen & Joey.
They have two pet turtles in their class.
B LOVES them!
Brycen & Mabry at their desks.

Brycen and Delaney before story time.
Mrs. Bennett (his teacher) reading "The Kissing Hand"...
I lost it during the storytime. It was okay though, six other moms were there too and they were all crying as well. His teacher was telling us how she was going to love them like her own and wow, glad I had tissues!
It helps that I have known Michelle (his teacher) my whole life... I can't imagine him having a stranger! I know, I know, I have issues! lol
His first kindergarten paper!
This was right before I was getting ready to leave...
He was just like, "see ya later!"
I am glad he is so okay with it and LOVES school so far this year, but it just makes him seems so much older!
Today he rode the bus for the first time.
He is sooo excited about that!
Me on the other hand, well, I'm trying not to think of the high schooler that poured Mt. Dew in my hair when I was in Kindergarten... yikes!

The plan is still for them to start breaking ground on our drive/basement at the end of this week... we'll see! We're getting there though- and now that we have a rental I'm not nearly as anxious!

10 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Love all the posts! It's hard to believe our boys are Kindergartners! Oy! It makes me feel old, lol. C is growing like crazy... can't believe he's wearing the same size clothes as Claire! He looks wonderful, healthy and so happy! Those two boys are lucky to have you as their Mama :)!

Sonya said...

Love the pictures!! Where did you get B's lunch box? It's cute.

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures, what cute boys!!

Hope kindergarten continues to go well!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Wow that was a great post! I can't believe all these lil guys are going off to school. I know we're not that far behind and I almost cried reading about your experience. Then I read the Mt Dew on the bus part and lost it! ha Who could do that to you?!

Guatmama said...

Proud of you for doing so well, i will be aMESS this time next year

Rhonda said...

He does look SO BIG!! And SO CUTE!! Doesn't look like he could be any more excited to be there...I know that does your heart good! It's great that he has so many friends there - wishing we were in the same boat :( I have issues with a teacher that's a stranger, but she is a very prayed for stranger :)

Leah Robinson said...

Lovin all the pics!!! Such cuties u have =)

SONDRA PRICE said...

Love all the new pics Chelsa. B and C are such handsome little boys.

Tera said...

Aww! He looked so cute on his 1st day! I'm glad to know I'm not the only parent who is a little protective of their kindergartner! :)

Brittany Janae said...

Haha- that picture of him and all of those girls cracks me up!!!! What a cutie:)