Today I am once again participating in Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Friday". I really enjoyed looking at everyones kitchens last week. If you haven't checked out Kelly's blog, you really should! She always makes me laugh! This week is the Living Room and/or Family Room Edition, depending on what you have or what you want to show! We have both, but the pictures from the living room (we call it the front room) are from about a year ago, and the furniture is rearranged now, but oh well, you get the idea!
This is "the front room" or "living room" I guess you would call it. We used to spend all of our time in here, but since we have redone the "family room" we now are NEVER in here. Brycen does play down here quite a bit though. This is the room you walk into when you come in the front door. The entertainment center is not in the center of that wall anymore-- it's now in the corner sitting at an angle and I like it much better.
I would love to replace the flooring in this room, but that is a project we just haven't gotten to yet. Also I would like some end tables that match in here! lol. When we moved in from our much smaller (like 1/2 the size) house we didn't have enough end tables so we took a hand me down from my mom and I'm just to cheap to replace it!
This is looking up into the "family room" from the dining room (you go up two stairs to get here and B calls it "the upstairs" lol). I love all the natural light in this room. There are big double windows on each side (east & west) and then to the south (looking out back) there are the french doors you see. This room is a work in progress. When we moved in it had linoluem (sp?) on the floor and black and pink curtains and no furniture. It was hideous. In the fall we painted it and I love this color. Ryan also put up new white trim (that he made!)... he hasn't gotten around to putting up the crown molding yet though. We also got new furniture for in here in the fall and I love it! It's sooo comfy. The burgandy rocker/recliner is a new piece up here. When my Papaw passed away my Grandma didn't want it anymore b/c she wanted a smaller one and so we took it. At first I wasn't too sure about it, but it is really growing on me. It is always nice to have extra seating.
This is from the corner when you step up. To the left is B's messy toy area... he had a toy room until we had to fix that room as Andon's nursery... I don't want to change the nursery back into a toy room. Ryan was going to build a huge toy cabinet with pull outs for the back wall here, but that's a project that just hasn't gotten done. Any ideas for less clutter look?? I also hate the "spotlights" over by the TV, but they were in this room and it's such a large room that if we took them down it would be too dark. We've thought about doing can lights in here, but once again that's a project that just hasn't gotten done!
This is looking looking from the other corner. I would kind of like a coffee table for the big space in the middle, but the big space is where Ryan & B roughhouse and play a lot, soooo I'll probably just leave it. I would also like some new black end tables for in here. The basket you see down by the couch holds my "bill notebook" (i'm a little crazy when it comes to that bill notebook) my Bible, some books, etc... There is another basket you can't see b/c my purse is in the way, but it holds the remote controls.
This is looking from the seating area back down into the dining room. The door to the right (that still needs to be painted white) is into the laundry room which is in real need of a makeover, we have done NOTHING with it since we moved in and I hate it! The area to the left is the desk area, which we really do nothing at. We have a laptop now so we are rarely on the desk top (sometimes B plays games on it). Otherwise is a cluttered area that needs some work... (oh and Ryan's deer, can't forget that!) lol.
The picture looks crooked for some reason, but I don't think it is in real life. That is a picture of Ryan and I. Most people who come over don't even recognize me in that picture lol.
Decorations above the TV. I really am satisfied with this area now I think...
The wall w/ Andon's picture on it... I haven't been able to take down the pack and play yet that was all ready for him... I did put away the bouncer and stuff, but I just can't make myself take this down. Since we're hoping to get pregnant soon, it's kind of like our way of telling ourselves it will happen... No matter how silly that sounds! I guess it seems like if we take it down we're saying it's not going to happen. This sofa table is getting painted black instead of navy. I have the stuff to do it, just haven't done it yet.
My beautiful baby boy A :). We laughed when we decided on his name b/c we call Brycen "B" so we said now we would just need a "C". :) "Be Still and Know That I am God" is def. what I clung to in those early days/month. I still do have to tell myself that on a daily basis.
Our wedding picture wall :) (yes, that is B in our picture, he was 9 months old when we got married.) I loved our beautiful outdoor wedding!
Pictures on an end table. B's pre-school picture from this year, He was the crown carrier at Pike Central's Homecoming--look at that smirk, and B & My Papaw Richard.
Other deocrations on another end table. We got that box that says Hope on it w/ the cross (the other side has Faith and has a fish, and the other side has something else that I can't remember right now, but it's pretty cool) anyway, we got it from Brycen's daycare when Andon went to Heaven. That little lamp was from my mom and the picture Abby took of Ryan & B when we were doing B's pictures last fall and I LOVE IT!
View out of the french doors to our back yard... I really love it :)
Just another view of our back yard-- we spend a lot of time out here playing.
Well Thanks for coming and looking at our house. We love having visitors. :)



25 comments:
Love everything :)
Your living room is so pretty!! You have a precious family and I love the backyard!! Blessings!
i love this.. i really want to participate.. but i can't get time to get pictures when my house is CLEAN!!! haha.. maybe i'll post my whole house some day after i clean.!
so jealous of that back yard!!!! Beautiful family!!
Chelsa,
Thanks! It is an old wicker trunk from Target. I got it before I even met J.R. and he hates it!! But I haven't found anything that I am just in love with yet, although I am on the hunt!!!
Thanks for checking out my blog!!
Hugs, Channa
Such a sweet house--and praying for baby "c"
bless you guys!
I love your background and your living room! How wonderful that you have so much space in the back to play. Your 2 boys are precious and hopefully you will have a baby c really soon :)
I love the patio doors and the color in your family room. Your back yard looks so lush. Very nice. Debbie
I love that you have that verse from Joshua 24 on your wall! My husband and I were given a framed picture of a cross with that very verse written on it as a wedding gift when we got married.
Your rooms look beautiful :-)
hey! thanks for stopping by. you have a beautiful home-i love all the pics and the verse on the wall.
i just read more of your blog and learned of your son, andon. i will be praying for you. both your boys are beautiful.
I love the color in your family room. We call our living room the "front room" too. We used to call the other room our family room until Braylee named it the "Red room" so now that's what we call it. Hmm...I have a list of some wonderful C names...you know me and baby names! ;)
Thanks for your sweet comment! I'm sorry to hear you have experienced such agonizing loss! i'm praying for a baby "c" to come soon for you!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! About the "Smart Cycle": Really, where would you put that thing? LOL! I love the wall color in your family room. Your place looks so comfortable and cozy. Thanks for sharing!
Don't you just love having a deer head! Boys and their animals! Love your decorations and you will be in my prayers for baby "c".
I really like all of your vinyl decals on the walls. Those are so neat!
I love the vinyl lettering. The room looks so very comfortable.
Mrs. Nurse Boy
OMG I LOVE your backyard! It is sooo green LOL, I get so tired of the desert sometimes!!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Your boys are beautiful! My prayers are with you and your family!
-Ash-
What a great view you have! And so much space.....Thanks for stopping by my "tour"!!
Love your space!
Thanks for the idea on mine! I'm heading to our local "Harvest Barn" today to look for a bench! THANKS!
Love your living room!! Don't take that pack & play donw...it's you guiding hope :-) I didn't take the basinet out of our room either...and look where we are at now :-) Also nice buck!
:-) Kali
Hi there!
Both of your children are very cute. I will pray for a baby "C" for you.
I love your backyard--how awesome. Also, the decorations above your tv are my favorite--I love your style! So warm and inviting.
~Jen
i love kelly! i wanted to partake in this, but since my internet is still down i just gave in. maybe i will do my own when its up? i love looking at ppl's homes!
Thanks for the comment on my living room! I love all the space you have. And I think I need your sign "Be still and know that I am God". Absolutly love your view!
I really like the backyard and the vinyl wall sayings! Too cute!
I had to laugh out loud at the first picture I saw because we have almost the exact same couches. Should I really be surprised??? :-) Fun pics - evident that you love your family and your Lord :-)
Post a Comment