Monday, August 31, 2009

weekends go too fast...

How does Monday always come around so quick?

Friday evening we went to the Catfish Festival and let Brycen ride rides w/ his buddy Joey. They had so much fun and we only got a little wet from the rain.

Brycen and Joey on the train.

They ran into their friend Delaney too. :)

Saturday morning we had B's soccer game. This week was a little more organized than last, but it was still pretty funny!

Saturday afternoon we went home and did stuff around the house and rested a bit and then got ready to go to Evansville. We met our friends Shannon and Chadd at Red Lobster and enjoyed some yummy food! Then we went to Toys R Us. Brycen had a 25.00 gift card to spend... um lets just say we were there for almost 2 hours! I was worn out! He had fun though :) After that we had to run to Target b/c I needed to check for a few things. We got home about 10pm... so not too late, but we were worn out!

Sunday morning... wow! We got up and I thought we were great on time (early I thought!) and I wasn't even tired... which amazed me... um yah, well let's just say we were forty minutes LATE for church! How did that happen?! Well, I always set my alarm on my cell phone... so when we came home on Friday night I didn't look at the time that the phone said, but apparently it never switched back over to Pike Co. time! No wonder I wasn't tired when my alarm went off- I got an extra hour of sleep! We were quite embarrassed to walk into church forty minutes late, but better late than never I guess! After church we went over to Ryan's parents for lunch and to visit. We got home about 3 and just hung out. We weren't planning on it, but we decided to go to Wal-Mart last night. UGH!! I really dread that place. But I hadn't been in over 2 weeks and we were out of pretty much EVERYTHING! I feel much better now that that is out of the way for the week.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

We ate at Red Lobster Sat night too! I'm surprised we didn't run into each other. I don't think we'll be back for a while though....Dusty got REALLY sick that night--around 1am. We're pretty sure it was food poisoning. He had the admiral's feast so it's hard telling what actually made him sick. I stuck with chicken, so I was okay;)

Jessie said...

Okay never mind--we ate at Red Lobster last night, not Saturday. It's been a long day;)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

They do go by way to fast but at least they are fun:)

Shannon said...

Lol, Yeah I tried to convince chadd to keep the yellow tile but he wasnt too excited about that idea. :-)
That is too funny about your phone alarm! We live 5 miles from where time changes over so my phone is always randomly switching back and forth in our house all the time. I have learned not to rely on my cell alarm!

noahandlylasmommi said...

I just wanted to tell you I found your blog on Kelly's and we have alot in common. I was also a "teen mom", struggled with infertility and had a miscarriage. I am also 13 weeks pregnant so you are only about a week ahead of me! Anyway just thought it was neat when I read your comment that we we have so many similarities.

Ashley said...

I don't like the time difference! It makes it a pain sometimes. Too bad your phone didn't switch times...but better late than never like you said.