Sunday, September 6, 2009

sickies

I haven't posted in about a week... thought I better or ya'll might think I fell off the Earth. I didn't... we didn't. Wednesday I did start in on being sick though. I was home from work w/ a temperature Thursday. Friday I was just so worn down and still not feeling well enough for work. My grandma came and kept Brycen entertained Thurs. and Fri. afternoons. I am so thankful for that. Friday night was my brother's first college cross country meet so I forced myself to get dressed and go. I didn't feel like it and had no business out in public I'd say, but I couldn't miss it! He did really good by the way. We are just so proud of him! He is loving college so far... I'm glad he is, but I sure miss him. It was a late night since Evansville is an hour behind us. We slept in yesterday morning. My mom and I went to a few yard sales... I came home and could of kicked myself for wearing myself out already. My head was still pounding and my nose was still pouring snot (nice visual, huh!). Seriously, I've went through BOXES of kleenex. Brycen's asthma has been acting up too and we've been having to do breathing treatments every 3-4 hours. I hate it when he has problems with it. Anyway, I rested for the rest of the afternoon yesterday and we did go to my parents for a cookout w/ my Aunt and Uncle and cousins. I didn't do anything besides sit at the table and talk. I was starting to feel better, just really worn down. We rested all day today and I'm finally feeling sort of normal now. I still have a snotty nose, but it's not near as bad and I can at least breathe out my nose again. Marilyn and Phil (Ryan's parents) brought us leftovers for supper. That was so nice to not have to fix supper tonight. I'm really thankful for an extra day off tomorrow. This is probably the most boring post in history, all about me being sick... but that's all I've done since Wednesday!

4 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

Hope you feel better. Being sick when your pregnant is the worst!

Shannon said...

Oh sorry you been sick! Thats no fun, especially when your pregnant! I had a fever and head cold that would come and go for weeks when I first got pregnant. It was so annoying and you cant really take too much meds during pregnancy and all. Hope your better and can enjoy the holiday today!!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Hope you are feeling all better!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you are feeling a little bit better...hope it continues! That is great your brother is running cross country in college. Hard core fan you are..he should feel extra proud that you went out there feeling the way you did;)