Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Appt. and Belly Picture


I had my pre-admission appt. yesterday at the hospital. That went fine, it felt weird doing all the same stuff less than a year later again though! The lady is super nice- it was the same one. We were concerned about Brycen coming to the hospital b/c of all the visitor restrictions that they have right now, but she gave me a paper on it and siblings under 17 can come, but you just can't send your baby back to the nursery after that. Believe me, I won't be sending my baby anywhere anyway so that trade off is perfectly fine with me! I was going to sneak him in in a suit case if they said he couldn't come ;)



We left the hospital and I had to drink my nasty orange drink and then we had an hour until my bloodwork. I drank my drink and my mom and B went into Toys R Us to buy stuff for the little boy that they drew off the tree at their church. I stayed in the car b/c that drink really makes me feel nauseous! When they got back out it was time to head over to St. Mary's to my Dr. for my labs. They should have the results from those today-- if I don't get a call then my glucose test went fine, so I'm hoping for no phone call!



After my labs I only had wait a few minutes before the nurse took me back to my appt. I had gained 3 lbs in the 2 weeks since I had been there last- yikes! I will blame it on Thanksgiving! That puts me at a total of 14 lbs. Dr. R measured my belly and the fundus height or whatever usually grows 1 cm per week and should be within 2 cm of the week of preg. you are in (give or take 2 cm). Well in those two weeks since I had been there mine had grown 3 instead of just 2! I'm still perfectly within normal range, but she said he had probably hit a growth spurt! I am anxious for my u/s on Monday to see how much he weighs! She was asking about contractions and I said "well they are probably braxton hicks, but..." and she asked me to explain how they felt so I told her and she wanted to go ahead and check my cervix just to make sure. She said since i was pregnant less than a year ago that puts me at greater risk for pre-term labor so she wants to keep a close eye on that as well. She did check me, which wasn't any fun, BUT it was a relief to know that no progress has been made! My cervix is still completely closed. What a relief b/c that would of been a for sure bed rest and I don't need something else to worry about with this pregnancy!! My blood pressure was 118/80 and Corbin's heartrate was 156. We got a good report all around! She isn't having me to see her next week b/c I see the specialist for an ultrasound/weight check on C. I go back to Dr. R on the 15th and then every week after that. She also made sure to tell me at the first sign of a scare of any sort from me she is admitting me to the hospital- so PRAY for NO scares, b/c I really don't want to be hanging out at the hospital for any length of time before the baby is born!

27 Wks 1 day-- 11 weeks to go!

13 comments:

Sonya said...

Yeah, so glad B can go with you guys!! You look so gorgeous yet. How do you only gain in the belly? Lucky girl!!:)

noahandlylasmommi said...

So glad everything went well. You dont look like you have gained anything except a belly ;)

JessGraceIz said...

Seriously, you have the cutest pregger's belly...Can I borrow it when I get preggers.JK.
I am glad that everything went okay (I hate that drink stuff too). Can't wait to see the u/s and more updates.

Whitney said...

You are looking great! Love that pink shirt!

Whitney said...

You are looking great! Love that pink shirt!

Jessie said...

I told you that you only gain in the belly!!!! Ha, everyone agrees with me!;) Lucky you...and I don't believe it about your thighs for one minute! I'm so happy everything is going well. 11 weeks will FLY by!

Raechel said...

Hey girl - just sent you an email but I thought I'd stop by here too to say hello! You look fantastic and I'm glad to hear things are going well. Every good report helps, eh?

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

You really grew! :) Looking perfect as usual. Glad all is well.

Courtney said...

Aw you look adorable! You make me miss my baby belly! :)

Ashley said...

Praying that all will continue to go well!! I know you gained 3 lbs. in the past 2 weeks, BUT only 14 lbs. total. Your one lucky momma:) I say still have that ice-cream everyday. haha.

Ashley said...

Glad everything is going well! It seems like to me (I'm sure not to you) That it has just flown by!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

You look so cute!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you have to blame Thanksgiving for those three pounds - it sounds like it's all baby/uterus growth from your measurements. And seriously - fourteen pounds total in 27 weeks?! That's insanely low...I'm seventeen weeks right now and I think I've gained that much already (and I don't look nearly as cute as you do with your little basketball belly). Glad to hear things are well!