Saturday our baby boy turned eight months old... I don't know where the past eight months have gone (yes, I realize I say that every month when he turns another month older!). I weighed and tried to measure him, but he's so wiggly anymore it was hard to measure. He weighed 20.5 lbs (gained 1 lb since last month) and was 28 1/2 inches long (half in longer). We go next month for his 9 month check up so we'll see how accurate I was this month.
This week he has started flipping himself to his tummy to sleep :( totally freaks me out. He has always hated being on his tummy (and still does when he is awake), but for some reason he wants to sleep on his belly. I flipped him 5 times last night, but obviously that's unreasonable and I'm exhausted today and he just turned himself back over every time... think I could tie him down? lol I'm totally kidding... but it does make me nervous!
He still loves to sit and play and is trying really hard to pull himself up on things, but isn't quite there yet. He has no desire to crawl (I think he could- he just hates being on his belly so he doesn't try). He is still a great sleeper. He has slowed down on formula in about the last 2-3 weeks... Still haven't found any baby food that he dislikes. He loves mashed potatoes and gravy now too :) lol.
He's so wiggly that it's now a challenge to change his diaper or his clothes. He LOVES the bath and sitting up in the bath to play. We're all soaked after his bath time b/c he splashes so big!
He changed to a big boy car seat last month. It sits him up higher and I think he likes that.
He still loves to be outside... everything goes straight to his mouth though (i.e. dirt, leaves, rocks, etc). Yikes!
When he gets super excited his whole body just stiffens and shakes at the same time. It's adorable.
He throws his toys across the room now (the boy has an arm already) and waits to see your reaction. He has a temper so he often does this when he is mad! Yikes-we might be in for it later on...
He kisses and waves a lot and the past couple days will give high 5 pretty much every time I say it.
We are so blessed to have our little man, Corbin Fisher. I can't imagine our lives with out him. We waited so long for him and now it's just going too fast! I can't believe in 4 short months he will be one...
8 comments:
That's crazy! It seems like you just had him!!! :)
I can't believe he will be 1 soon either!!! He is such cute, sweet little guy!! As you can tell I love them both sooo much:)
Love this! I can't get over how similar our boys are. Aedan does the same thing when he gets excited and he can't get enough of being outside either. :)
Sweet boy!! I wouldn't worry too much about him sleeping on his tummy...he can roll himself back over if needed :) And be thankful he's not crawling yet...it will happen soon and you'll be chasing him EVERYWHERE!! Remember those days with B? I had forgotten how fast those little crawlers can move!!
Such a little wiggle worm you have on your hands! He is keeping you busy now but wait......walking soon!! haha
What a sweet little doll baby! Was B a little pork chop like C? I mean that in a good way...You're so tiny I assumed your babies would be tiny! Both your boys are as cute as can be!! I remember Griffin was 20 pounds @ 6 months...I thought my back would never be the same after lugging him in the car seat and diaper bag! Griffin also didn't crawl until he was 1 and walked at 15 1/2 months and now he is a string bean running all over the place never stops! ha. I loved all his little rollie pollies lots to smooch on!
Hope your house building is coming along wonderfully!
I feel the same way...it took almost 2 years to get a baby boy here...I think their 1st year should go by in that length of time too!! I cried the other day when I booked Clay's 1st birthday party..I can't believe how fast time flies by too...but it has been soooooo much fun!!!
your boys are so cute - the header looks great! i LOVE their names, too. :)
Post a Comment