Monday, December 13, 2010

6 Years of Memories...

Six years ago today at 3:23pm (est) Brycen Hunter Knepp came into this world weighing 7lbs and 0oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long. He has been bringing joy to our lives ever since (now mixed in with some strong willed antics)! He is an amazing big brother and such a little lover. He has a memory that I envy and a heart as big as Texas! He does test his limits with Ryan and I, but never with a teacher or other adult. He is soft-hearted and gets his feelings hurt easily, but also forgives quickly. He says what's on his mind (which sometimes makes us cringe at times)! I can always count on him for a smile. He has a huge personality and a wild imagination!

At six years old Brycen is reading well and does great at math! He is interested in anything "science". He loves guns, hot rods, and farming. He likes girls way too much and it scares me to think of the teenage years! He has just as many friends that are girls as he does boys. He loves school and his teacher Mrs. Bennett- says he is going to marry her ;). He is such a worker and loves to do anything outside with his daddy. He played baseball, soccer, and now basketball this year. Baseball was his favorite by far. He likes to ride bikes and four-wheelers. His favorite thing is to play in the dirt- since we're building a house this year he got to do plenty of that!

Brycen's favorite color is green and sometimes black. He has jumped up a size and 1/2 in shoes and now wears a 12 1/2. His favorite toys are hot wheels cars. He likes any "project" and is usually a great helper! He likes to be read to and to read to aloud to us. He also loves to play games. We play Yahtzee, Boggle, Go Fish, Candy Land, ChutesNLadders, and Trouble. He loves cowboy boots and wears them every day except Wednesday (gym day!). He still isn't picky about clothes and lets me pick them out, but he prefers jeans over swishy pants.... wish I would of known that when I bought him 3 pair of Nike ones before school! He will wear comfy clothes around home. Actually on days off that we're home we rarely get out of our pj's b/c we like to be comfy! He likes to help in the kitchen and is always so careful. He's a bit of a perfectionist and gets upset easily if he doesn't do something correctly or it doesn't turn out the way he wants it to.

He likes to watch movies and will still snuggle while we watch them (thank you Lord). He is hard headed and would argue it's black even when it's clearly white... he gets it honestly though- Ryan says he acts just like me :) He has recently became more interested in the wii and thinks it's cool to say, "I play video games". It cracks me up b/c the longest he has ever been interested enough to play is maybe 20 min. (we were bobsledding on the Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics). He is riding the bus this year and loves it. He gets mad on Wednesdays that I take him and pick him up! His handwriting is very good for a boy- especially when he takes his time. He is now on a daily medicine for his asthma and although I would prefer him not to be, it has helped tremendously and I've noticed a huge change in his ability to breathe better at night- for that I'm very thankful.

I could go on listing things about Brycen b/c he truly brings so much joy to my life. I can't get enough of him and I enjoy spending all the time possible with him. I can't believe he is six years old, but I'm grateful for every day that God let's us have together. It is a blessing to raise this sweet boy.

Brycen Hunter
April 2005- 4 months old- first trip to Fla.

September 2005- 9 months old


May 2006- 17 mo. old



June 2006- 18 mo. old

December 2006- 2 years old.

June 2007- 2 1/2 years old

October 2007- 2 3/4 years old :)

November. 2007- almost 3 yrs old

May 2008- 3 1/2 yrs old.

December 2008- 4 years old

April 2009- 4 1/2 yrs old

December 2009- 5 years old.

May 2010- 5 1/2 years old
November 2010- almost 6 years old!
next post down is about his birthday party :)

12 comments:

Sonya said...

Chelsa, this post makes me cry!! I can't believe he is 6 and you are right he is a very SPECIAL guy:) His smile just melts my heart. Love him with all my heart!!

Unknown said...

Aww, what a beautiful post. He is such a cutie and sounds so special. Oh, I just know that before I know it, Aedan will be turning six. I need to remember to enjoy everyday.

Happy Birthday Brycen!!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

wow. i just can't imagine having a yr old. makes me crazy thinking baout it. you all are so blessed to have such a sweet, handsome boy. just as he is blessed to have parents who love him enough to teach him boundries and love.

Guatmama said...

So cute, he has grown so much even since we met!!

Ashley said...

What a sweet post! I think the pic. of him at 2 1/2 years old is when he really started to look more like he does now! Each year your posts are going to get longer and longer on his birthdays b/c he is going to accomplish so much in his life. Brycen is such a wonderful little boy!

Brittany Janae said...

Happy Birthday, Brycen!!!:) What sweet pictures!

Tera said...

He is one adorable little boy! Loved hearing about his personality... seriously sooo much like Braylee. She gets her feelings hurt easily but forgives quickly, loves math and science, likes boys ;), lets me dress her without fuss, great memory, etc. They would make quite a pair! :) Happy Birthday, Brycen!! (Oh- and Bray had the red snowman sweater when she was 2!)

Rhonda said...

LOVE LOVE all the pictures!! You have such a handsome, happy boy!!

Unknown said...

I know, it is too funny how much alike they are!

The yogurt melts are by gerber, they are in little bags by the gerber graduates food and puffs and such on the baby isle. Aedan LOVES them! :)

Anonymous said...

since i never *knew* you when brycen was small, it is so funny to see his baby pictures! what a cutie! he just seems like the sweetest, happiest little dude from your blog. i wish him (and you) a wonderful 6th year.

Tera said...

Ok- so I read this post to Braylee and she said, "That's just like me!" :)

Lori said...

oh my goodness, these pictures are absolutely PRECIOUS! Watching that 1000 watt smile grow is beyond sweet :-)