Tuesday, January 4, 2011

365- Day 4

Day 4:
Brycen has a behavior (attitude) chart.
I got this idea after reading James Dobson's book about Strong Willed Children.
B/c our precious Brycen is most defientely strong willed.
I know that if guided correctly being strong willed will and IS a good thing so we're trying to
keep it a positive.
If he is good (there are different levels of the chart) then he gets to choose an extra family game/activity/book/etc before bedtime.
It's worked wonders and there was only one night that we haven't gotten to do an extra family activity!
Tonight he chose to do Lincoln Logs :)
I pretty much just observe or help find certain ones b/c I'm NOT a builder ;)
(The categories of his chart-- suggested by James Dobson himself are "Attitude Towards Mom", "Attitude Towards Dad", "Attitude Towards Brother", "Attitude Towards Others" (outside of our immediately family), "Attitude Towards Work" (willingness to do what he is told w/out complaining or being asked numerous times), "Attitude Towards Bedtime" (going to bed w/out complaining/stalling/etc).

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Go Mom! Sounds awesome. I may need to pick up this book for Leah. She is def gonna be different discipling than Ayla! For sure. Glad he's doing well with it:)

Rhonda said...

What a great idea!! We definitely could use the one "attitude toward work"! She'll do it...but not without whining about it first! :)

Brittany Janae said...

I'm so glad you're doing this too!! It really is alot harder than it sounds lol.. I started another blog for mine! Look forward to following yours:)