Thursday, January 20, 2011

365- Days 19 & 20

Day 19:
This picture is awful (i really should buy some new batteries), but anyway, it's the CLEAN top of Ryan's dresser. I know you can't tell from this picture and I should of taken a before picture... but this was a quick little project I did yesterday on my day off. Ryan lets his dresser become out of control and it drives me batty! Mine is always cleared off with NOTHING except maybe a piece of jewelry laying on it... He doesn't want me touching his stuff on there (could have something to with the fact I threw away some important numbers once while cleaning off his dresser)... but seriously things kept falling off and I couldn't take it any longer! I just left his papers for him to sort through (and made him do it last night!). I asked him "doesn't this make you feel so much better?" He was like, "uh I guess?" lol! He just doesn't see the mess I guess?! Drives me crazy! I feel so much more calm when I look at it now! (maybe I'm the one w/ a problem!). lol Now if only I could get him to go through his stuff nightly and not just dump everything on there....
Day 20:
These are NOT my cabinets, they are another set (of bathroom) cabinets that they made for someone else. BUT they are EXACTLY the same color as what my kitchen cabinets are going to be!! Ryan sent me this and I'm just so in love. I had seen a sample door and that's how I picked... I always thought I wanted light colored cabinets, but then it came time to make the decision and I kept going back and forth... THEN I saw the sample door for this set and FELL.IN.LOVE! I knew this was it! Soooo this is the color of my kitchen cabinets... now if I could only decide on the bathroom ones... I haven't picked master bathroom cabinet color or boys' bathroom cabinet color... ughh!!

I can't wait until the day I can take a picture of my own cabinets in my kitchen :)

5 comments:

JessGraceIz said...

Those cabinets are sort of like the ones I have in my bathroom and I LOVE the set up of having a cabinet between the two sinks...I can't wait to see what your house will look like when it is done...You have such a cute taste in stuff...Maybe have you come help me when I move to a new place...

Anonymous said...

Pete and I are both guilty of dresser-top clutter, but when it comes time to eventually clean it, I am the one who sorts through everything! I think Pete would probably just open the drawer and sweep it all inside. Frustrating, but it does feel better when it is clean... I love the color of your cabinets. We have a really weird treatment on ours (previous owners) and I am always thinking of redoing them. Best of luck as your house is nearing completion. Can't wait to see more. XOXO

Guatmama said...

Dan does the dresser clutter thing, it might be worse than Ryan. You know I love the cabinets...right up my alley!

Rhonda said...

This is SO US!!!!! Brad keeps every little tiny scrap of trash paper that he puts his hands on. Useless receipts, gum wrappers, tiny post it notes with a list of 3 things I asked him to get at the store on his way home 2 weeks ago. It's RIDICULOUS!!!! I decided early on in our marriage that he wasn't going to change and I was going to have to find a way to deal with it. SO I put his dresser in our closet. Now I don't have to look at it often, I'm not scrambling to clean it up when company is coming, and we don't fight about it near as much! But about once a week, I go and trash things that are clearly trash. BOYS!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabinet color!! Can't WAIT to see pics of the finished house!!

Libby graber said...

Wow those are some nice cabinets! They sure did a great job. haha. Stop by sometime, you need to see the trim (it did prove our husbands right) Libby