Sunday, February 8, 2009

Going Home

I'm still typing to you from the hospital, but I am going to get to come home today. We are relieved to be going home, but also realize it is going to be a hard step in our journey. I'm not sure what time today that I am going to be discharged, it just depends onwhen the docter comes in (since it's Sunday and all). Physically I am doing better. I have what they call HELLP Syndrome. I know bits and pieces and have a lot of research i want to do... Ryan has been reading up on it all week. It's why I got sick after I had Brycen, but thankfully it all happened after I had him, plus I didn't have the abruption. There is a long spectrum of symptoms and things that can happen with this particular syndrome, each pregnancy can be different. The dr. has said it will take me a good 6 mo. before I am completely back to "normal" physically. I will continue to see the nephrologist until they are completely sure my kidney's are doing their own thing and all my levels are completely normal again.

We (Ryan & I) held Baby Andon again last night. Here at the hospital they have what they call an "angel room" and he stays in there until we go home so that we may spend as much time as we like with him. It's been hard to do that, but we don't want to have any regrets. He is just so perfect. His little face is just so cute!

We will be making arrangements sometime tomorrow I believe, and I will make sure & get them posted. We don't want anyone to feel like they have to come, but we want to give everyone who wants to the opportunity to say "see ya in Heaven" to our precious angel.

Thank you for your continued prayers. We love you all.

14 comments:

April said...

Chelsa I am so glad that you and Ryan have had the opportunity to spend time with baby Andon. Fuzzy memories and 1 picture are really all I have to remember of my Mac, and I always regretted that. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Sonya said...

Love ya sis! We will come to see ya either today, or tommorow if you are too tired today. Take it easy.

Unknown said...

Chelsa~ I am so glad that you and Ryan have the chance to spend a little time with your precious angel Andon. When you go home, make sure you take it easy. Your all in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Wow. Im so glad you're on the road to recovery. Its beautiful outside, soak in some sunshine and rest. We love you.

Mrs. Davidson said...

the Bible says that Joy comes with the morning. john and i will be praying that each morning will bring it's own unique joy for you and ryan. no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart can fully know the good thing our Lord has planned for your family. your faith has been an inspiration to us all.

Leah Robinson said...

I'm so glad you get to come home! I'm also glad that you've got to spend as much time as you like with your angel, Andon! I'm still praying every day for you!!

Jamie said...

I am so glad you get to go home and recover now. I continue to pray for you and ask the Lord to heal you mentally and physically.

Katie said...

Chelsa you don't know me, but I had a few classes in HS w/Ryan and Sonya. You and your family are in my heart and prayers and I wish you a safe recovery.

Tristan said...

Your such an inspiration to me, the way you are handling things. I am praying so hard for your family.

Jamie Truelove said...

Chelsa...I'm so proud of you...it will all take time to heal...It's great that you are getting to hold baby Andon...as hard as it is, cherish those moments and take a lot of pictures...your family will have to grieve...and needs to...please call me if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you out.

Ashley said...

Chelsa I am so glad you are home now! It is much easier to sleep and get the much needed rest in your own home. A home kinda comforts you in a way. I am also glad that you got to hold your wonderful little Andon throughout your stay in the hospital. I have heard of the Angel room and think it is one of the greatest things someone has ever started. Take care Chelsa and we are still praying for you !!!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I found you through Angie of Bring the Rain. I will be praying for you! I have a son named Andon too. I know you will see your precious Andon one day again in Heaven.

Guatmama said...

Thinking of you as you make each step. So glad you have held your precious Andon.

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Lori's and my heart aches for your family. Prayers going up on your behalf.