Friday, February 6, 2009
Words Cannot Express
Hello- This is Chelsa. Words cannot ever express how truely grateful I am to you all. People I do not even know have shown me God's love and mercies, not just to me, but to our entire family. Bear with me b/c I've sort of lost track of days/times/etc. Wednesday morning my labs came back better than before. I didn't have to be given any more bloods/plasma/platelets yesterday which was a relief. It was my first time out of bed and I had to travel to radiology here at Deaconess in a wheel chair- through a 1/2 mile tunnel. Not exactly what I was expecting to do on my first time out of bed, but my lungs were looking like they had some fluid in them and they wanted to be able to get a better film. I made it back to our room, that was emotional, going by the nursery and knowing our precious baby wasn't in there... even though Heaven is much more fun for him then the nursery anyway. When we got back to my room John & Sonya were here with B. That was a bright spot in my day/week. I was so groggy on Tues. evening I only remember bits and pieces. Seeing my little boy- who has always been my sunshine just gave me such a bright spot. It soon ended... on Tuesday evening we, mostly Ryan explained to Brycen that Baby Andon was in Heaven with Jesus, then he got to hold him, and kiss him, and be a big brother for a couple hours... He has been staying w/ John & Sonya and doing pretty good, but when Sonya told him they were coming yesterday he told her he was so excited to see HIS baby... We had everyone leave and we spoke w/ him ourselves (just ryan and i) and that was the hardest thing I've ever done. Losing Andon has been and will always continue to be horrible, but I can explain things to myself and lean on the Lord, but trying to make a four year old understand... Words cannot explain how tough this was. He kept saying that we were teasing him and that he wanted to see his baby... We finally explained it to him like how our dog had 8 puppies and 3 of them died... we got to hold them too, but they were still gone. He was very upset of course and cried and cried and then he got very angry. We did our best to reassure him that ANY thing he feels is okay. I know it will be a day by day sometimes hour by hour process for all of us. I have been having lots of stomach pain- I won't go into details b/c it's kinda gross, but my evening was kind of rough again. My labs keep coming back better and better though. All my kidney & liver functions are improving which is great. I have seen specialists for both & we feel that we're in the best care we could ask for. My OB has been wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better more caring docter. She has literally spent hours in my room. I didn't realize until yesterday how close I was to not making it. I am so thankful that wasn't God's will b/c brycen and ryan need me. No matter how good Heaven and Andon sound right now, I know that someday we will all be together again. This is a long update & I'm probably all over the place and forgetting all kinds of stuff, but I just wanted to let you all know how appreciative we are. Please send up a prayer for Ryan too, not only is he here dealing w/ his own grief and trying to take care of me he is sick w/sinus/cough etc. They've been pumping him full of medicine, but it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot. We were able to take pictures of baby Andon & he just looks like he is sleeping! He was pretty big for only being born at 34 weeks! He had a head full of dark hair and I think he looks like his daddy. Still no word on when I can come home so that puts us at a stop on any further arrangements. I'll try to stay better updated now that I'm feeling more alive. They might let me have pudding today. If you have text me or emailed me I'm so sorry but I haven't even gotten to those yet. I promise all your thank yous will come, but I just don't know when. Keep praying we need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
36 comments:
chealsa, I am so sorry for your loss and so glad to hear you are doing much better. You, ryan, brycen, and your families are in my pryaers and thoughts. XOXOXO
Chelsa, so glad to hear that you are doing better. We will continue to pray for your continued healing and for comfort that only God can give you and your family. We love you all.
You are amazing Godly woman Chelsa! And for sharing your deepest hurts and being so transparent with the whole blogging world! You & Ryan are awesome parents and how you explained that all to Brycen was true wisdom. My heart breaks for you & your family and I will continue to pray for physical and emotional healing for all of you!
You are precious and Jesus Loves you!
How strong you and your family are! Thanks for the update and we will continue to keep praying for the family! I'm so glad you are feeling a little better. God is for sure using you as a ministry tool already.
Chelsa, it is SO good to hear your voice (you know what i mean). Im glad you felt well enough to write what was on your heart, which Im sure was so hard. You seem so strong though! We continue to pray every day and if there is something in particular you'd like us to pray for please let me know (adding Ryan's sinus crud to the list). I know that God has given you a Bigger story to tell in this world & I can already tell that you will touch so many peoples lives. You already have mine! Keep taking care of yourself and know that we all miss you and are praying for you!
Still thinking about you and your family everyday. May God continue to be by you, Ryan, and Brycen's side everyday. Reading this blog brought tears to my eyes. You are A TRUE example of God's will.
May God Bless, Sarah
Has anyone ever told you that you are a amazing strong women? Here I was coming on here to try to write something to encourage you and I read your post and I felt like you encouraged me. Glad your feeling better!! Love you and praying!! Especially for B.
Chelsa, what an amazing, godly woman of wisdom you are for your years. You have looked tragedy in the eyes and trusted that God has you all in the palm of His hands. We are so thankful that your family has the faith to draw your strength, comfort, and peace from above. Please know that we are lifting you all up to the throne. His ways are not ours, but we know he holds our future in His hands.
Oh Chelsa, I just sit here and cry for the pain you've been through!! You were always the first to respond to me if I had a prayer request, and I assure you now that I am praying for you harder than I think that I ever have prayed!
You are an amazing woman! I don't know anyone that could go through what you just did and be as uplifting to our Lord. We all know He has a plan, but to deal with it as good as you have is just amazing!! B has the best mom he could ever ask for!!!!
I will continue to keep you & the entire family in my prayers!! Please let me know if there's anything at all I can do!!!
Love ya girl!
Chelsa, I don't even know you but my heart breaks in a million pieces for you. I've been thinking and praying for you and your family all week!!!!!!!!!!
I lift you and your family up in PRAYER! Our thoughts are with you all.
Chelsa, we are definitely still praying (for you and your whole fam)!! It was good to see you write, You are always so good about posting and updating and I have missed that! Thanks for the update and get well!!!
Chelsa,
I'm glad you had the strength to write. I know life isn't fair at times, but continue to be strong and soak up the all the love from your family and friends. I found this saying that someone wrote to a mother.. God doesn't give, he only lends us his children. And they will do good and come back again. It may give you a sense of peace. Take care and If u need anything don't hesitate to ask!
Chelsa,
You are loved by many, and I am praying my mom's favorite scripture verse over you and your family.
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27
(It's on my mom's gravestone and it's such a comfort to me. You are loved.)
I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Keep leaning on the Lord as we pray for your continued healing. I pray that God makes each day a little easier for you. Take care of yourself and your family. We are sending up a prayer for Ryan and his health! Love to you all!
Hi Chelsa. You don't know me..but I came to you from "Bring the Rain". I am sooo very sorry for your loss. I miscarried at 10 weeks. I miss my baby inside me terribly, but I know you must feel worse and I can't even imagine seeing our precious baby.
I have and will continue to lift your names up in my prayers.
Chelsea--you probably don't remember me, I knew you through other friends back in high school. I occasionally read your blog from Courtney's.
I know you have a million people that you love praying for you and your family. I just wanted to tell you that strangers are keeping your family in prayer also.
There is always a silver lining--and one day we will find out why!
Your strength is truly amazing. Thanks for the update.
Chelsa, I was in tears reading your post. With Braylee and Brycen being the same age, I can imagine just how difficult it was to tell him his brother was in heaven. It was good to see you writing and knowing you are feeling better. God is working through you and I admire your strength through all of this pain. Lots of prayers to you and your family, sweetie!!
Oh, Chelsa. I just now got online to catch up on blogs and could not believe my eyes when I got to yours. I had no idea any of this was going on. My heart is broken for you and I just sat weeping as I read through your post. I have no words. Even though we've never met face-to-face I feel like I know you and I'm just devastated for you and your family. Of course I've been lifting you up in prayer and will continue to do so (and will ask others to do so on my blog if that's okay with you). You are much loved and I'm praying you feel a tangible presence of the Spirit with you today. . .
Chelsa~ I am so sorry for your loss. I have tears flowing from reading your post. Your such an amazing person and so strong, so you will pull through. Ryan, Brycen and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how hard Brycen is taking this, knowing how excited he was. I am so sorry. I love you all, and if you ever need anything or just someone to listen~ just know I am here.
Chels, I don't even know what to say.. I haven't been able to keep the tears back all week, especially seeing your post.. It is great to see your doing better, but we are praying for you continuously... Your faith will pull you through this, just stay strong... You have a most handsome B at home that makes life worth living... God Bless you guys.. We love you...
Chelsa, I've come across your blog through a friend of a friend. You have been in my constant prayers. What a strong, brave, and loving woman, mother, wife and friend you are.
Chelsa, Dear, my heart aches for you and your family. God always has a plan, i'm so glad that you are leaning on Him for your strength. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray for your comfort and healing. Love you.
-Lyss
I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about and praying for you and your family. We had a daughter born sleeping at 32 weeks due to trisomy 18, and it's been probably the most heartbreaking thing I will ever go through. My heart goes out to you and your family, and if you ever want to talk, you are more than welcome to email me ... courtneybestep@hotmail
God Bless.
Chelsa I wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you everyday and praying for your healing process physically and mentally. And I didn't forget about B, Ryan and the parents! And, you are sick and still posting to update us....you are someone that will not let her bloggers down. haha. Just take care of yourself. You are such a great person and it shows. Just look at how many posts you have received from so many people....that is awesome!
I am praying for you and your family for continued healing and peace. Your OB is a wonderful person and I know you are in good hands, both with her and the Lord, God Almighty. You are truly an amazing, strong, inspiring woman. Love and prayers for you and your family.
Bless your heart, your soul and your family. All I have to offer is prayers, but I offer them with urgency on your behalf.
I pray continued peace and healing over you and your family. You are loved by many!
You are an amazing inspiration to me, Chelsa! The way you are dealing with all of this is incomprehensible to me, you are so strong. I am still praying my heart out - thank you for sharing with us, Chelsa!!!!!!
Chelsa- I am a friend of Leilanni's and just wanted to add my cyber hugs and my prayers to everyone else's. I hope you find peace in this sorrowful time and can gather strength from those around you. I am wondering if you had HELLP syndrome- I had that with my last pregnancy and it sounds a bit like some of the problems you may have had. Anyway- ((hugs!!))
Oh dear girl... what a trying week you have been through. I am so glad that you are feeling better today. This is all going to take time to heal from...in many ways. One step at a time. I am praying for you, your sweet baby son who is with God now, your beautiful son, Brycen, and your husband. Please continue to rest and focus on getting healthy. We, here in blogland, are keeping strong for you. : )
VB
Chelsa,
You don't know me, I found your blog through a friend of a friend...I am so sorry for the pain you and your entire family are going through! My constant prayers are with you. May God continue to give you strength and a sense of comfort. God bless you and your family!
Chelsa, I found your blog through Susie's and just wanted to add that I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you heal quickly and feel so much better soon. You and your family are in my prayers!
Chelsa, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better......I am so sorry for your loss.....My thoughts and prayers for you and your family are being poured out.....Love you all
I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers. I am glad you are physically healing. May God continue to hold you all as you travel this journey.
Blessings~
I also just wanted to let you know..that I founf great comfort from the song "Glory Baby" by: watermark
It is my default song on my blog right now.
Post a Comment