Monday, April 27, 2009

Gorgeous Weekend Weather = Lots of time to play outside!

We had a really good weekend! We loved all the beautiful weather (who wouldn't?!). Friday I left work early to go the eye dr. for a check up. I dread the eye dr. almost as much as I do the dentist (my eyes are terrible) and I always put it off... He told me on Friday I have an increased chance of my retina's detaching b/c my prescription is so high. nice. Just what you always want to hear. I changed to a new brand of contacts and I'm excited about that. They are a little more expensive, but supposed to be a whole lot better for your eyes. So far the trial pair I have in is working great! I also got my eyes dialated (eww). I think that's the part I dread the most. I went home and had an hour until Ryan & B got home so I just layed down and closed my eyes (couldn't see to do anything and it was giving me a headache from straining to see). When they got home my eyes were some better. I needed to go to Wal-Mart & Ryan had some things to get at Home Depot so we just went to Jasper and did both things. We still got home fairly early & just made pizza for supper.

Saturday morning we got up and started putting the trampoline together... what a job- I'm sure we looked hilarious! Then the neighbor came over and helped Ryan get the rest of the swingset put back up. I went and got flowers for my pots for the porch/front of the house at Lemond's (which is only like 4 miles away from us, family owned, super friendly people, with great prices)! Brycen LOVES the trampoline. I wish I would of got this on tape, but he said, "I'm never going to eat, I'm never going to drink and I'm never going to sleep, I'm staying on here forever, because trampolines are AWESOME!!" He makes me smile... actually I laughed all day off and on at that one. I think I love the trampoline almost as much as him! I was sore yesterday from jumping so much on Saturday! I also got the house cleaned on Saturday & hung all my wash out on the line. I love hanging it outside! Ryan also got the front deck stained/sealed! It looks much better... now he just has the back deck to do. We didn't come inside until 9pm to eat supper! We were all so dirty, but I think that just says what a fun/productive day we had! In between all that we also played w/ the baby kitten (yah, just one now, the other one disappeared....) and Iz (our dog). We were so tired once we got our showers and sat down! B & I went to bed right away after that.

Yesterday we went to church & then went to visit Ryan's Grandma Knepp & then had lunch w/ his family. Brycen really enjoyed playing w/ his cousins, he hadn't seen them for a few weeks. We got home about 3:30... and of course B had to jump on his trampoline for a little while. I told him he had to take a nap, but that didn't end up happening. Around 5 we left to go to my parents for supper. My cousin Todd and his momma Lisa dropped by my parents to visit. Then we ate supper and just hung out. We got home about 8:00 and gave B a bath and I had to water the plants. I stayed up too late watching "my shows". I woke up with a headache this morning :(.

First time jumping on the trampoline (we didn't have the safety things on yet-- he was too excited to wait!)
Love this picture (i was laying on the trampoline and he was bouncing me--fun stuff)
we got this as a hanging plant when my Papaw died-- I removed it and put in this pot on our front porch! I think it's so pretty- the picture doesn't do it justice.
Hailey, Brycen, and Jayce playing in the fish pond yesterday afternoon.
Also, I wanted to mention that I am having a Pampered Chef Party tomorrow evening at my house at 6:30 (get ahold of me for directions). I'd love to have any/all of you to come!

5 comments:

Mandi Knepp said...

Love the second picture of B. So cute! You can tell he is loving it!

Ashley said...

I hate when I get my eyes dilated too! The first time I ever had it done I went to Wal-mart right after and I could barely see anything. I felt stupid because I was squinty eyed, my pupils were HUGE and I would have to stare at things just to find out what it would say. I made it a point to get out of there fast. haha

Jennifer said...

Chelsa so glad b loves his trampoline..Trista loves hers too. I think I might send an order with marilyn if that will be ok.

Leilanni said...

My eyes are horrible, too!!! I hate going to the eye doctor because of course they make you take your contacts out and then I feel so lost - like am I even looking at the doctor while he's talking??? lol!

Trampoline looks fun - y'all are so productive! Bring some of that cleaning energy this way!!!

Jennifer said...

Looks like B is having a lot of fun on his trampoline! I am going to have to come over and play with you guys...lol :) I used to spend ALL day on mine when I was little, like you mentioned he does! Thanks for the comment on my blog..I am very happy here lately. I guess "good things come to those who wait" is right. I can't wait for summer and boating, and yes Jared is right- you guys will have to come with us! We always have such a good time. Hope things are better for you next week then they were this week. Still praying for you girl! Love ya! :)