I really have nothing imparticular that I want to post today... I saw this on L's blog and found it fun to learn more about her so I thought I would do it too... although, I doubt there is anything too interesting about my life in the past 23 years! lol.
1. My Grandma always babysat for me while my parents worked. Those will always be some of my best memories.
2. I used to make myself sick worrying about if people were mad at me or not... I still struggle with this.
3. I took my first plane ride at 2 months to Ft. Lauderdale Fla.
4. My mom had me swimming in the pool pretty much as soon as I was born... I'm still a huge water lover!
5. My dad was a police officer until I was 8, he had a gun held to his head and decided he better find a new occupation! I'm so thankful he did, but still have great respect for police officers and hate when people refer to them as "pigs, cops... etc". I work with these guys daily with my job and just have a HUGE respect for the job they do.
6. My Papaw would sit in his recliner and time my handstands w/ his stopwatch for hours on end when I was a little girl! I never tired of that game!
7. I always pictured myself getting married young-- that dream came true :)
8. I also always pictured myself having 6 kids... not going to happen!
9. When I was a little girl my mom said instead of begging to look at "the toy aisle" at a store, I begged to look at the "shoe aisle"... hmm :) lol
10. I have NEVER liked McDonalds. As a child my mom said if she asked me where I wanted to eat I said, "Chi-Chi's"! Lucky her! I have had to learn to at least tolerate McDonald's b/c like most "normal" kids B loves it.
11. I have read more books then I could EVER count! My mom would take me to a book store in Evansville to get The BabySitter's Club books and I would aleady have one read before we ever pulled in the driveway! I had every book they ever had about those girls! All the different series' and everything!
12. I went to two proms my freshman year. I had a ton of fun at the PC prom and HATED the Washington prom... less to do w/ the prom then my situation (went w/ an ex)!
13. I met my husband in the Barr Reeve parking lot... come to find out I was a bet to see who could call me first.nice. ha! (i didn't know i was a bet until AFTER we were married!) Ryan says he is still trying to figure out who won the bet!! :)
14. My brother let all my balloon's go on my 12th birthday, but also made me a cake :)
15. When I was little I would only drink my coke hot! EW!
16. My mom worked at Pike Central the whole time I was in school there (6-12 grade) so I could NEVER get away with anything! I probably spent more time in her office then in class though!
17. I ate a chicken filet w/ nacho cheese every day for lunch for 7 years (6-12 grade). There might of been a few days I got something else, but that was a rare occasion! I still love chicken filets and nacho cheese and B and I go to visit my mom at work a lot of Wed. and I have that for lunch:)
18. I've always wanted a sister and got one when I got married :)
19. I had an outside wedding and wouldn't change that for the world!
20. I started gymnastics (tumbling) when I was 2.
21. I keep a date book aka "handy dandy planner" (as ryan calls it). I have to write in it daily... it's kind of a life source!
22. I've always liked thinking of names and used to make lists and lists of them, even when I was a little girl!
23. Everyone thought my best friend Chelsea and I were twins from the time we were in elem. school until we graduated h.s. ~when we were little we would call ourselves "Aleah and Alexis" haha :)
24. I got my first trampoline for my 4th birthday & went through 3 by the time I moved out! I'm so excited we are setting up B's this weekend!
25. Before I was married and had B I would drive around on backroads and listen to music when I was upset or even just bored. I took B on "backroads" to go home the other day and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. I love finding new roads and looking at houses or even old buildings... or just enjoying God's scenery he put here for us to look at!
26. I like to write with "fat" pens... ya know the kind that writes smooth and big... not the pointy kind or that leaves lighter marks!
27. I've always loved to take pictures... ask any of my childhood friends :) I rarely like a picture of myself though...
28. I always had pets growing up and I want the same for B!
29. I've always had terrible allergies (that are some better after I've had kids)... the whites of my eyes used to swell over the colored area!! talk about looking like a freak!
30. I've been saved by Grace :)
Now if you're bored do this because I love learning about people! :)

1. My Grandma always babysat for me while my parents worked. Those will always be some of my best memories.
2. I used to make myself sick worrying about if people were mad at me or not... I still struggle with this.
3. I took my first plane ride at 2 months to Ft. Lauderdale Fla.
4. My mom had me swimming in the pool pretty much as soon as I was born... I'm still a huge water lover!
5. My dad was a police officer until I was 8, he had a gun held to his head and decided he better find a new occupation! I'm so thankful he did, but still have great respect for police officers and hate when people refer to them as "pigs, cops... etc". I work with these guys daily with my job and just have a HUGE respect for the job they do.
6. My Papaw would sit in his recliner and time my handstands w/ his stopwatch for hours on end when I was a little girl! I never tired of that game!
7. I always pictured myself getting married young-- that dream came true :)
8. I also always pictured myself having 6 kids... not going to happen!
9. When I was a little girl my mom said instead of begging to look at "the toy aisle" at a store, I begged to look at the "shoe aisle"... hmm :) lol
10. I have NEVER liked McDonalds. As a child my mom said if she asked me where I wanted to eat I said, "Chi-Chi's"! Lucky her! I have had to learn to at least tolerate McDonald's b/c like most "normal" kids B loves it.
11. I have read more books then I could EVER count! My mom would take me to a book store in Evansville to get The BabySitter's Club books and I would aleady have one read before we ever pulled in the driveway! I had every book they ever had about those girls! All the different series' and everything!
12. I went to two proms my freshman year. I had a ton of fun at the PC prom and HATED the Washington prom... less to do w/ the prom then my situation (went w/ an ex)!
13. I met my husband in the Barr Reeve parking lot... come to find out I was a bet to see who could call me first.nice. ha! (i didn't know i was a bet until AFTER we were married!) Ryan says he is still trying to figure out who won the bet!! :)
14. My brother let all my balloon's go on my 12th birthday, but also made me a cake :)
15. When I was little I would only drink my coke hot! EW!
16. My mom worked at Pike Central the whole time I was in school there (6-12 grade) so I could NEVER get away with anything! I probably spent more time in her office then in class though!
17. I ate a chicken filet w/ nacho cheese every day for lunch for 7 years (6-12 grade). There might of been a few days I got something else, but that was a rare occasion! I still love chicken filets and nacho cheese and B and I go to visit my mom at work a lot of Wed. and I have that for lunch:)
18. I've always wanted a sister and got one when I got married :)
19. I had an outside wedding and wouldn't change that for the world!
20. I started gymnastics (tumbling) when I was 2.
21. I keep a date book aka "handy dandy planner" (as ryan calls it). I have to write in it daily... it's kind of a life source!
22. I've always liked thinking of names and used to make lists and lists of them, even when I was a little girl!
23. Everyone thought my best friend Chelsea and I were twins from the time we were in elem. school until we graduated h.s. ~when we were little we would call ourselves "Aleah and Alexis" haha :)
24. I got my first trampoline for my 4th birthday & went through 3 by the time I moved out! I'm so excited we are setting up B's this weekend!
25. Before I was married and had B I would drive around on backroads and listen to music when I was upset or even just bored. I took B on "backroads" to go home the other day and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. I love finding new roads and looking at houses or even old buildings... or just enjoying God's scenery he put here for us to look at!
26. I like to write with "fat" pens... ya know the kind that writes smooth and big... not the pointy kind or that leaves lighter marks!
27. I've always loved to take pictures... ask any of my childhood friends :) I rarely like a picture of myself though...
28. I always had pets growing up and I want the same for B!
29. I've always had terrible allergies (that are some better after I've had kids)... the whites of my eyes used to swell over the colored area!! talk about looking like a freak!
30. I've been saved by Grace :)
Now if you're bored do this because I love learning about people! :)
Shortly after we met in the B.R. Parking lot :) this was our very first picture together... and still one of my favorites! *Yesterday was 8 yrs from the day we started "dating"!

The Sister I gained when I got married :) (this was when I was about 17 I think) Don't know what I would do w/out her!
Chelsea & I aka Aleah and Alexis!haha :)

My First Car-- plenty of cruising backroads and listening to music done in here :)
My First Car-- plenty of cruising backroads and listening to music done in here :)
All those gymnastics lessons paid off in h.s. :) haha! Now my body hurts from bending it until those unnatural positions :)
Courtney O. & I at that dreaded WHS prom in 2001! (terrible pic of me, but I had to put it on here!)

The shoe aisle must of led me to some cowboy boots :) *i guess B's love for boots comes naturally! ha!
~Always a Papaw's girl~ RIP
13 comments:
I love reading silly things like that! I laughed alot and found we have a lot in common too! :) Hopefully we'll see you soon, maybe if you come up to see Bri's Abbi in the hospital we can meet up for lunch? Give me a call if it works out... Otw, Chi Chis was my fave and I still crave it to this day!
I just told Chadd last night that next summer we are getting a pool and I am going to have my baby in it from the start!!! I cant swim hardly at all and I dont want my kids to be like that. Now to just talk Chadd into getting a pool. . . Lol
Chelsa,
WOW-we have so much in common! I stayed at my grandmas when I was younger, I worry about making people mad, I had the Babysitter club collection and loved reading them, had an outside wedding, keep a date book, have had 3 trampolines in my life, love cruisin the backroads, and love to write with fat pens! i think we would get along great! Have a great weekend!!!
So neat to read those things. I love doing those also.. hopefully i will do one when i have alittle more time. Thinking and praying all the time for you. Hope you and B and ryan have a great evening.
Loved reading and learning fun things about you. God has made such a strong and fun person! Have fun with the trampoline for B! My sisters and I always had a blast on ours! Enjoy the weather and weekend!
Oh Chelsa! All the memories!! Remeber our midnight snack?! (peanut butter sandwich and mayo sandwich!) I'm still working on this blog, I think I have a pretty boring life! haha!
How fun!! We have tons in common! I loved the BSC books!! I used to drive an aqua mustang, started dance/gymnastics/
cheerleading at a young age, used to be addicted to my planner (now it's my palm pilot!), loved ChiChis, had an outside wedding, want lots of kids, etc. Wow, you and Chelsea really do look like twins! :) BTW, did I ever tell you that I think I might have judged your cheerleading tryouts one year?! Reading about you going to prom in 2001 makes me feel old! ;)
OMG that's ridiculous!! hahahhaa We thought we were pretty cool too!
ok sis, i love you but you HAVE to quit posting that hidious picture of me.Ha! Just kidding it's all right I guess. I'm sure Brycen will love the trampoline.
I love reading these kinds of things. They are so fun! When I was in school I would always eat the same thing everyday too...only mine was PB&J. People would always make fun of me but I hated school lunches. I was just a little bit of a picky eater. haha. I love going on new roads also and just seeing what is out there. Just think of all the things out there...unbelievable! P.S you and Chelsea do look so much alike! Sure you are not twins?! J/K.
I read all the Babysitter's Club books too and always tried to think of a way I could start my own :)
I, too, have a daily planner. I think I would go crazy without it ;)
I love this post, some real insight into your past! You do look like Chelsea! And if anyone was mad at you, they are crazy, must be their problem...you are too sweet for that!
Fun post!!! I think there's a website that the idea came from - lifeinthirty.com or something like that - but it's fun to read through random people's lists :-)
Babysitter's Club books ROCK!!! LOl!! Another thing we have in common - but I think my book obsession was the Sweet Valley Twins series. Or am I dating myself now??? :-)
Post a Comment