Yesterday I was glad it was my day off... Brycen and I got up and snuggled and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Then we got in the rainy nasty weather and went to Wal Mart. I really didn't want to get out of my pj's, but we really needed stuff (as always!). We had lunch at Taco Bell (YUM!). We came home and I got the groceries unloaded and put away and supper started in the crock pot. I used Courtney's recipe for the Ranch House Pork Chops, but used chicken breasts instead b/c that's what I had at home... They were sooo good! Ryan isn't a huge fan of chicken (which stinks for him b/c I am and I make it all the time!), but he said it was THE BEST CHICKEN he has EVER had! Pretty good for me since it took me all of about 5 min. to put together! We also had homemade mac and cheese (B's favorite) and crescent rolls. Man, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Anyway, after I got supper in the crock pot B and I cuddled and played the rest of the afternoon. It was really nice to relax. I did get my laundry all done. When Ryan got home we ate and then he went to work in the front room, working on trim and window casings... it is tedious work to paint those window casings... but he got the big one done in the front room and it looks good! The trim and chair rail is all painted and ready to be put up tonight in there.

Here is a little sneak peak for you. (the trim is just resting on the wall). This is terrible and blurry b/c I took it with my phone. I think the picture makes the red look kind of pink and it's def. not...it's very red!
Here is a little peak at the kitchen dining room area. You can see more of the cabinet and the counter top, but I was really taking the picture of my bar stools. I was a little disappointed b/c when I ordered them the bottoms were supposed to be black to match the captain chairs at our table, but when they came they were a dark wood. It took so long to get them I didn't want to mess with sending them back and getting the right ones... They look fine anyway and match the woodwork in the dining room so we're sticking with them! We have ate here at the bar every night since we got them- it's so much easier then clearing off the whole big table. It is also nice since we got new carpet and B is no longer allowed to have snacks or drinks in the front room b/c he can sit at the bar quick and I don't have to mess w/ the whole table. My island still isn't here... from what the cabinet man (haha) is telling me it is made at the shop and waiting to be painted. I feel kind of bad b/c all he has done for the past few weeks is work on house stuff so I'm trying not to be too pushy! I am dying to show you guys the finished products!
Here is a little peak at the kitchen dining room area. You can see more of the cabinet and the counter top, but I was really taking the picture of my bar stools. I was a little disappointed b/c when I ordered them the bottoms were supposed to be black to match the captain chairs at our table, but when they came they were a dark wood. It took so long to get them I didn't want to mess with sending them back and getting the right ones... They look fine anyway and match the woodwork in the dining room so we're sticking with them! We have ate here at the bar every night since we got them- it's so much easier then clearing off the whole big table. It is also nice since we got new carpet and B is no longer allowed to have snacks or drinks in the front room b/c he can sit at the bar quick and I don't have to mess w/ the whole table. My island still isn't here... from what the cabinet man (haha) is telling me it is made at the shop and waiting to be painted. I feel kind of bad b/c all he has done for the past few weeks is work on house stuff so I'm trying not to be too pushy! I am dying to show you guys the finished products!Tonight we will just be working on getting the trim/chair rail up in the front room and getting that room put back in order. I REALLY REALLY want to rearrange the furniture in that room, but there really just isn't any way to do it. We also are going to put the ceiling fan that's in the front room in our bedroom (our cord thing is broken and the fan is the orig. 1974 from when the house was built) and then get a new white one for the front room to match the new trim.
Okay, enough house stuff updates for now! :)
7 comments:
Glad you had fun at Bible Study!! I was really wanted to make it, but it's one of my only free nights with the girls :)
Love your updates! Your bar stools look just like ours...I love them...cuz they're not too heavy for the girls to pull out and sit. And I can just hide them right under the bar!
I agree...the video we watched was really good! Definitely something I need to work on...
Oh man, yesterday, the girls were debating on where to eat lunch. Braylee wanted Taco Bell, but Brynna wanted Long John Silvers and we ended up there or we could have had lunch with you!
I can't believe how much brighter your kitchen looks already with the newly finished cabinets! Can't wait to see the final pictures.
That's funny about the chicken. I make chicken ALL the time...chicken is GREAT!! haha. Jarod likes chicken but says I make it a lot. I figured making it different ways would help but not really. I have gotten better:) I have been waiting to see the big reveal of your rooms and I am getting pretty anxious!! I love the bar stools though!
I'm also planning on trying Court's ranch chops recipe....when I feel like cooking!;) Haha, anyways, I think we're making the right decision getting the vaccine. Every doctor I've talked to has said ABSOLUTELY get it. I'm convinced now. You guys sure are project people! Every time you post you've got something new going on. You're going to be in a brand new house when it's all over!!
OH I cant wait to see the whole thing! Im sure it looks great. So happy for you that your finally getting it done. :-) My kitchen still doesnt have trim back up around the floor but oh well! I can wait.
Hey so glad you had fun! I love martha she was better than the lady we had the week before. Are you going next week? Sneak peeks look great...can't wait to see the whole thing!!
man soooo glad you liked the recipe. ive done it w chicken before too. its tasty!
Post a Comment