Saturday, October 10, 2009

Soup-er Friday... I mean Saturday!

Courtney is doing crock pot recipes this week! I have to say the crock pot is one of my favorite kitchen appliances!! Like Courtney though, I def. pull mine out more in the fall/winter months. At my bridal shower they had everyone bring their favorite recipes. I loved this (and I know lots of people do it) because it gave me lots of ideas as a newly married bride. One of those recipes was from a lady I worked with at the bank at the time. It's called:





Easy Cheesy Crockpot Chicken





You will need-


6 chicken breasts


2 cans cream of chicken soup


1 can cheddar cheese soup


garlic powder (to taste)


salt and pepper (to taste)





Sprinkle chicken w/ salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in the crockpot. Mix together the soups and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.





Can serve this over rice or noodles.





I haven't made this for a long time... now I'm thinking I need to!





I also have a recipe for--



Crockpot Baked Beans (this was my Great Granny Shoultz's recipe). I always make this for those family dinners that are so much more abundant in the fall/winter with all the holidays.


You will need-

2lbs drained beans
1/4 c maple syrup
4 tbsp bbq sauce
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c ketchup
1 to 1.5 lbs ground beef (cooked and drained)
bacon bits (the real bacon kind)
small onion chopped (we don't like onion at our house so i just use chopped onion spice for the flavoring

Combine ingredients in crockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours then turn on low/heat (whichever your crockpot has).

I usually double this recipe to take somewhere.
I'm not a huge fan of baked beans and I like these :) maybe it's all that sugar... lol :)

Now ya'll go on over and share your favorite crock pot recipe.

I'm making chili in mine today for supper! YUM!!!!! :) I can't wait to eat it! Seriously, I don't do much except eat these days!! :) haha

1 comment:

Guatmama said...

These sound great, and I tried out your last one for vege soup and we LOVED it! Thanks...